ACN Latitudes Forums

Ocd plus something else

rafamtl

Hi im happy i reached this forum, i find very helpful to read about other peoples situation, in the other hand from what i read my understanding is that ocd has no cure wich makes me sad, well im 22 now and i think i have ocd since i was like 9, but back then it wasnt as bad as i have it now, for example i get this negative thoughts that bother me, like if im gonna take a cigarrette from the pack and when im doing the action of pulling one cig out i get this thought its usually like remembering some person that i think is ugly i would have to keep changing the cigararrette until the thought goes away for fear of becoming like that person i thought about, i know it sounds crazy cuz u cant transform into someone else but i keep getting it and i cant control it, also i noticed when im very happy and everything is going the way i want it i would get more anxious, when im depressed these thoughts rarely come or if they come i dont mind cuz i think everything is lost already, i dont know if this is ocd, if anyone could tell me what is this i would greatly apreciate it thankyou all.

Hi there.

None of us can diagnosis you, but it does sound like ocd to me. This is my understanding of it....The obsession is the part where you are thinking the thoughts and then the compulsion is the part where you are doing the actions that you think will somehow control the thoughts. Some people have pure 'o' ocd and others have the full OCD stuff going on.

Good luck to you. Do lots of research on the disorder and then you may need to visit a doctor depending on the severity of your symptoms. Many people go undiagnosed for years with this. You mention that you get depressed and then happy again...which many normal people do get normal ups and downs, (and I don't know the severity of your ups and downs) but sometimes when there are BIG fluctuations in mood that might be an indication of other disorders so you may want to bring up to your doctor when you go next time. Take good care of you!!!

• 6 months later...

as the person above me said. we cant diagnose you here but it DOES sound like ocd. the intrusive and unwanted mostly morbid thoughts. its a pretty horrible thing to live with. (i have the same problem). i would highly recommend getting diagnosed by a doctor. it may never go away completely but there are treatments that can make it so that you aren't having those kinds of thoughts all the time and can lessen or weaken the symptoms. one example is CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) and theres lots of variations of CBT as well.

trust me a lot more people than you know go through this. best of luck to you.