ACN Latitudes Forums

Has anyone heard about a DHEA/tic connection?

guy123

Native remedies, Has a product that is supposed to help with the adrenal glands and regulate cortisol levels. Has anyone tried this before to help with the adrenal glands? The company claims that it is safe for children to take and there are no side effects from taking it. Just thought I would throw that out there and see if anyone had any thoughts on that? Thanks Char....

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi char,

From what my son's Dr. seems to think is he is deficient in B5 because the stress he is having causes the B5 to be the first vit. to leave the body. B5 is a huge help to aid the adrenals back to a healthy state. If the adrenals arehealthy then they will produce the DHEA needed, but if the adrenals are unhealthy then the stress responce is off, and the key is mantaining a normal level of stress related hormones such as cortisol. This stress is non-stop and keeping the adrenals unhealthy. The TS physical, emotional and mental stress I would believe is what would cause the adrenals to fail in maintaining normal levels. As Chemar had pointed out this was key for her son too.

Healthy adrenals nourish the nervous system, so I feel that if the B5 is a major help it would be a good place to start. I would have to research again but I seem to remember something about B5 helping as an antioxident and so help rid the body of free radicals. Anyone with info on that please help out.

Cp

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year Day!

I am just getting back to these boards now after a break. Daughter is still tic free (still on topamax) So I am pretty sure that something in the supplements caused the few jerks that started.

Anyhow this post has me intersted!

Cheri...my daughter grinds her teeth everynight!!!!! I was always a grinder myself (REALLY BAD)

She is 6 now and about 45 pounds. Do you think the royal jelly might help with her grinding??? Is this associated with TS or tics?

As stated I always grinded and still do but just not as bad as I used to.

My poor little girl has her second tooth loose now and I fear her grinding may be causing it or may damage the new coming in.

I took her to the dentist on the Monday before Christmas and all was good. I did mention the grinding to him but not much of a reply.

Thanks.....I know I used to see the royal jelly on QVC or the home Shop Channel a bit back. I might have even tried it way back then but not for tooth grinding.

hi myrose

whether the grinding is TS related or not, all people with bruxism seem to benefit from vitB5/pantothenic acid which the royal jelly is rich in. just remember only people who tolerate bee products can use royal jelly

you can also get pantothenic acid/vit B5 as a separate supp

Thank you Chemar, I'll be on the lookout for any help with the braces.

Intresting about the medal, after taking some closer looks at my son's test results trying to find more info for faith, I thought I would share what his body tells us in these test for you all. Under the heading of STRESS AND ITS EFFECTS ON THE HUMAN BODY, I found this to be interesting. Stress (in son's case under emotional stimulus) is the cause of the depletion of minerals and vit. His body can not overcome the stress on its own to recover and now is in an exaustion stage of stress.

To give an idea on why I believe this to be his main cause, is because up until his 12th year he had no tics or very small ones that were never noticed. Just before he started the 6th grade he had the shots I believe started the ball rolling. (Kim, have any info on vaccines causing damage to the adrenals?) Anyway, this is also the first yesr he entered public school. I remember the look on his face when he exploded, he was so confussed. I know I didn't help either when I couldn't get up off the bathroom floor, cried all day, and lost 20lbs. He did not like being the cause of what was happening to me.

Under the ENERGY PRODUCTION AND YOUR GLANDULAR SYSTEM, my son is a fast- mixed oxidizer. That means one gland is slow the other fast that causes him to experience both a lack of energy then bursts of energy. A fast-mixed oxidizer indicates he is in adrenal glandular burnout. This kind of burnout cannot recover from a good nights rest, beacuse he is in a chronic state of stress.

His tests showed adrenal burnout contribute greatly to the accumlation of heavy metals. My son was copper, aluminium, chromium and arsenic toxic. B5 helps detox from heavy medals too.

If some of you remember my son had some dizzyness, low blood pressure, diffiaculty building muscle, difficulty gaining weight. All these symptoms fall under adrenal fatique.

Don't know if that helps anybody, but I hope it does, as this has been a very long road, and I hope this hidden cause of stress is the beginning of his body healing.

Cp

Chemar....is there anyway to know/tell if someone couldn't tolerate the bee products? Other than finding out the hard way?

No one in the family has an issue with bee products but my daughter apparently had a reaction to penicillin and they will no longer prescirbe for her.

CSP....what kind of tests did you do that gave you all that info?

Myrose,

This test was a tissue mineral analysis (TMA) that told me about his adrenals. It has been very hard because we are looking at many tests to connect the dots with him.

I have one test telling me info and another that supports what the other said. We are bouncing back and forth. The vit. test he had done last really helped to lead me to the adrenals from the TMA. If the Intramax was helping all other vit. to be absorbed, why not the B5? That is where we came to understand it had to be stress, as B5 is the first vit. lost durng stress.

A dietary profile is given to help, but if you don't know what vit. are being lost and for what reason one spends a lot of time trying this and that with no results. This is why I believe we have had little results or only ones that last for a short time.

CP

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious about this DHEA. Has anyone in these panels used it? I've searched a little but can't seem to get much info here. I am wondering what experiences people have had with it. I am suprised to not see more blogs about it here. I try to get to the bottom line with all of these symptoms. Where does it all start? If its anxiety than go to the root of it, right? I know it's not a straight road by any means; how nice would that be?! But too much coritisol and not enough DHEA or should a say an imbalance of the two, can set off a chain of problems in regards to anxiety, tics and ocd. So the natural thing to think of next is DHEA. I would love to hear thoughts on this, it's seems that there is more caution using this suppliment than others, I would love to know everyone's take and experience.

Whats funny is in a converstation I had over a month ago with my sons' pedi, he said he always thought ocd came before anxiety. I'm not sure about that? I kind felt it was the other way around. You have the physical feeling of anxiety and as a result other senses are hightened and can cause ocd, and tics, behavior issues... etc. Anyways, I am really wanting hoping some people here have tried DHEA and what happened after taking it.

-darla