ACN Latitudes Forums

chelation

mara

hi everyone. i read the post weekly but am just now writing for the first time. my son nathan is 5 and started to tic when he was 3 1/2 in the context of strep. still unclear whether it is pandas related, but as many of you can relate, it has been a journey the last year and a half! he is an amazing sport with diet changes and supplements, which makes it all a little bit easier! we are considering chelation and i wanted to know what people would recommend...has anyone used EDTA? he muscle tests weak to DMPS, so we would likely use EDTA. thanks so much, julie

ps. sorry if i didn't add this post correctly!!

Hello, My son has IV chelation at our DAN Dr every week. I am going to do a total of 3 months. We did see some improvement in the beginning ( he is PANDAS) An excellent book to read is Andrew Cutler's. It gives you alot of info. He is against EDTA so you have to have an open mind when you read it! His method is a small dose of chelator every 4 hrs..so you have to wake your child up. I did this method for 2 months. I decided to try the DAN Dr and see if either method was more successful. You need to be very careful you do not deplete your childs essential minerals such as zinc. At my DAN we do a UTM(urine toxic metals) and my son is always elevated for lead/arsenic/nickel also thry check his other mineral levels. good luck! Sarah

Hello, My son has IV chelation at our DAN Dr every week. I am going to do a total of 3 months. We did see some improvement in the beginning ( he is PANDAS) An excellent book to read is Andrew Cutler's. It gives you alot of info. He is against EDTA so you have to have an open mind when you read it! His method is a small dose of chelator every 4 hrs..so you have to wake your child up. I did this method for 2 months. I decided to try the DAN Dr and see if either method was more successful. You need to be very careful you do not deplete your childs essential minerals such as zinc. At my DAN we do a UTM(urine toxic metals) and my son is always elevated for lead/arsenic/nickel also thry check his other mineral levels. good luck! Sarah

thanks! i will get the book. what agent are you using with your son? how old is he? what improvements are you seeing? julie

welcome mara,

could i ask what type doctor you are using for the chelation? Is this a doctor who uses muscle testing too? Could you give your experience with the muscle testing? is this method used just to see what things he is weak to? and then what is done with that info, avoidance of the substance?

thanks

faith

welcome mara,

could i ask what type doctor you are using for the chelation? Is this a doctor who uses muscle testing too? Could you give your experience with the muscle testing? is this method used just to see what things he is weak to? and then what is done with that info, avoidance of the substance?

thanks

faith

hi faith! thanks. i have been reading your posts with great interest:) we would be using our dan doctor for the chelation. she is not the person doing the muscle testing - that is our NAET practitioner. she tests to see what he is weak to and then also treats him via exposure to the substance in her office and then avoidance for 25 hours. in all honesty, i am not sure at this point what the benefits have been, but i am amazed at each session how his strength returns and even more so because i am his conduit given his age and feel the actual difference myself. we are just finishing the core items and will now move on to neurotransmitters.

do you have any thoughts on the chelation?

thanks. julie

julie,

I am not realy up on chelation right now, although we did do the urine challenge (with DMSA? I think it was), but this was almost two years ago with the naturo we saw at the time. My son did show metals, but the naturo recommended a slow gentle pull and we were using a product called "Metal Free", which was basically a natural product (you could look it up). I did use it for several months, but I can't really attest if it was beneficial or not, as we were employing multiple things and, as you can see, I am still on the path. For us things have been up and down, not bad enough to do anything drastic, but not good enough to abandon ship either. I am recently beginning NAET and really hoping there will be some benefits, for I am realizing his comorbid issues are beginning to be more of a problem than the tics, (never thought I'd be saying that!). .... what do you mean by "each time his strenght returns"? Do you notice any improvements on any of his issues, tics or otherwise (behavioral, attention) since before beginning NAET? Is it just tics or other? I think it will not be anything all of a sudden, for my understanding is once the burdens of the allergens are taken away, then the body will begin to heal and repair, and I guess that takes some time? I have not been successful with dietary restrictions all the way, there just seems to be too many for us. You seem to be doing different things at same time, how will you know which is the thing that is helping if you persue chelation and NAET at same time? Do you give any supplements or tried antibiotic?

Faith

Mara,

I just wanted to say Hi. My son too also started tics at 3 and a half. He had swollen glands but the docotrs never checked him for strep. I look back and that makes me very mad. Also he got his first flu shot then. So I think those to things maybe started his tics but I can't be sure. What kind of Tics did your son get when he was 3 and a half? I am very interested because that's when my son started too. Welcome and I'm sure you'll get alot of answers here, as we all are looking for answers. Char....

julie,

I am not realy up on chelation right now, although we did do the urine challenge (with DMSA? I think it was), but this was almost two years ago with the naturo we saw at the time. My son did show metals, but the naturo recommended a slow gentle pull and we were using a product called "Metal Free", which was basically a natural product (you could look it up). I did use it for several months, but I can't really attest if it was beneficial or not, as we were employing multiple things and, as you can see, I am still on the path. For us things have been up and down, not bad enough to do anything drastic, but not good enough to abandon ship either. I am recently beginning NAET and really hoping there will be some benefits, for I am realizing his comorbid issues are beginning to be more of a problem than the tics, (never thought I'd be saying that!). .... what do you mean by "each time his strenght returns"? Do you notice any improvements on any of his issues, tics or otherwise (behavioral, attention) since before beginning NAET? Is it just tics or other? I think it will not be anything all of a sudden, for my understanding is once the burdens of the allergens are taken away, then the body will begin to heal and repair, and I guess that takes some time? I have not been successful with dietary restrictions all the way, there just seems to be too many for us. You seem to be doing different things at same time, how will you know which is the thing that is helping if you persue chelation and NAET at same time? Do you give any supplements or tried antibiotic?

Faith

with naet, she tests his energy to a potential allergen by having me hold the allergen while touching him and then she tries to push my arm down - if she can push it down easily, he is sensitive to the allergen. after the naet treatment, she can't push my arm down, which is supposed to indicate that he is reconciled energetically to the allergen. as i said before, i am still on the fence but continue because he is doing great overall and not sure exactly what to attribute the changes to. when he was being treated to corn, it was very interesting because he started ticing, was unable to pay attention, etc. until he was reconciled 20 minutes later. so, i am keeping an open mind. we have been doing naet for almost a year, so i feel at this point it would be ok to do something else like chelation without getting too confused. at the moment, he gets a custom amino blend (huge improvements in the social arena - he just "gets" the pragmatics now and can join in the play without any difficulties), probiotics, efas, candidase, digestive enzyme. we might add antioxidants next month - we are ready to do something be it chelation (which i am wary about) or antioxidants or some other supplement change ...any suggestions of things to consider would be very welcome!!!!

julie

Mara,

I just wanted to say Hi. My son too also started tics at 3 and a half. He had swollen glands but the docotrs never checked him for strep. I look back and that makes me very mad. Also he got his first flu shot then. So I think those to things maybe started his tics but I can't be sure. What kind of Tics did your son get when he was 3 and a half? I am very interested because that's when my son started too. Welcome and I'm sure you'll get alot of answers here, as we all are looking for answers. Char....

hi. thanks. his first tic was a one-legged hop. that lasted a few weeks and then morphed into a stomach punch and some twisting. he was tic free all spring and summer and now has a smelling and licking thing going on - also seeing more ocd symptoms like having to report his tic/compulsion to me...i am a clinical psychologist, so i am acutely aware of the ocd manifestations (which isn't always a good thing!!!).

julie

• 3 weeks later...
with naet, she tests his energy to a potential allergen by having me hold the allergen while touching him and then she tries to push my arm down - if she can push it down easily, he is sensitive to the allergen. after the naet treatment, she can't push my arm down, which is supposed to indicate that he is reconciled energetically to the allergen.

What???

I've never heard of anything like that before ;):wacko: