ACN Latitudes Forums

could my tooth infection(possibly strep) have caused behavioral change

pmoreno

several months ago (coinciding when Gaby's symptoms started coming on again, but that also coincided with a viral infection that she had at the time) I had a mobile tooth that was bothering me. I had a root canal & they put me on a z-pack, but the tooth continued to be mobile and painful. For months the dentist kept telling me that it was just the mechanical irritation of upper tooth grinding down on the affected tooth and he filed off portions of it multiple times. The last couple of weeks I have been feeling extremely ill - fatigued beyond words, feverish, bad breath in the morning, chills, short of breath, some pressure in my chest. (and still the tooth pain) so I went back to the dentist last week Tuesday and explained what was going on. He looked at the gums and said they looked fine - didn't suspect any infection - said my symptoms might have been flu related. I asked for an x-ray, but at first he didn't want to do it, I insisted. That evening he left me a message on my phone which I didn't get, but he called me the next day at work to tell me that I needed to get on abx. I started a z-pack Wednesday evening and by Thursday was still not feeling better. Friday I felt a little better, but when I woke up this morning I woke up almost hallucinating and feverish and my breath was horrible, along with the taste in my mouth. At the same time, Gaby (I was sleeping in her bed last night), woke up (around 6AM -way before she ever wakes up) started screaming and saying that she was having a nightmare - I could barely calm her down. I know that toxins from strep found in dental infections can move to other organs in the body (even heart muscle) so I have to address that, but is it far-fetched to speculate that what's going on with me could be causing strep related symptoms in Gaby? In other words, could my tooth strep (if it is strep) stimulate antibodies to respond in her? Pat

several months ago (coinciding when Gaby's symptoms started coming on again, but that also coincided with a viral infection that she had at the time) I had a mobile tooth that was bothering me. I had a root canal & they put me on a z-pack, but the tooth continued to be mobile and painful. For months the dentist kept telling me that it was just the mechanical irritation of upper tooth grinding down on the affected tooth and he filed off portions of it multiple times. The last couple of weeks I have been feeling extremely ill - fatigued beyond words, feverish, bad breath in the morning, chills, short of breath, some pressure in my chest. (and still the tooth pain) so I went back to the dentist last week Tuesday and explained what was going on. He looked at the gums and said they looked fine - didn't suspect any infection - said my symptoms might have been flu related. I asked for an x-ray, but at first he didn't want to do it, I insisted. That evening he left me a message on my phone which I didn't get, but he called me the next day at work to tell me that I needed to get on abx. I started a z-pack Wednesday evening and by Thursday was still not feeling better. Friday I felt a little better, but when I woke up this morning I woke up almost hallucinating and feverish and my breath was horrible, along with the taste in my mouth. At the same time, Gaby (I was sleeping in her bed last night), woke up (around 6AM -way before she ever wakes up) started screaming and saying that she was having a nightmare - I could barely calm her down. I know that toxins from strep found in dental infections can move to other organs in the body (even heart muscle) so I have to address that, but is it far-fetched to speculate that what's going on with me could be causing strep related symptoms in Gaby? In other words, could my tooth strep (if it is strep) stimulate antibodies to respond in her? Pat

I don't see why not. I know that when my dd is around children with strep throat her pandas symptoms spiked. When I spoke to the rheumatologist regarding that phenomenon he wasn't a bit surprised and nodded in agreement about it and Dr. K said that too, that with his experience the children only have to be exposed to strep for symptoms to worsen. Good luck! That sounds crummy to be dealing with along with everything going on with Gaby too. Take good care!!