ACN Latitudes Forums

Can I half a capsule of 5hPT

ajcire

I am going to try my ds on 5HTP but the dr. said to use 25 mg and the lowest I can find is 50mg capsules.. He told me to open them and mix them in a drink.. I didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to find the 25 mg.. Is it ok to try to guess half the capsule?

If you're going to mix them in a drink, couldn't you just make sure the whole capsule is mixed in well and just give 1/2 the drink at dosing time? The next time you could give the other 1/2.

If you google many websites say not to use 5hpt if you have an autoimmune disease...doesn't anyone know why or know more about this?

They also say not to use with SSRI's (among other things) which makes sense (serotonin syndrome.)

I don't know about that EAMOM. I only know that my dr. suggested it and said it would be safe. My ds is not on any other medications at all.

I was not really sure about how accurate that would be to save half a drink.

I will call the dr. this afternoon for suggestions on how to find the 25 mg

If you google many websites say not to use 5hpt if you have an autoimmune disease...doesn't anyone know why or know more about this?

They also say not to use with SSRI's (among other things) which makes sense (serotonin syndrome.)