ACN Latitudes Forums

Latitudes Blog

Chemar

I wonder what would be the difference in using taurine vs. 5HTP for promoting sleep. Also you mentioned Candida clear NOW, is this better than simply using GFS extract on a regular basis. I hate to keep adding one more thing - especially when I never know for sure if there is yeast.

How could you be sure that the L-carnitine was causing the edginess? I'm never sure what causes anything, because she takes supplements and antibiotics and you can't go off everything long enough to be sure by eliminating one thing or re-introducing one thing at a time.

Too bad that the epsom salt baths don't help Gaby. It just makes sense that they would relax her, but she is even more agitated right afterwards and says she can't sleep. Don't know if its directly related, but seems to happen most of the time. Pat

http://latitudes.blogs.com/weblog/

I wonder what would be the difference in using taurine vs. 5HTP for promoting sleep. Also you mentioned Candida clear NOW, is this better than simply using GFS extract on a regular basis. I hate to keep adding one more thing - especially when I never know for sure if there is yeast.

How could you be sure that the L-carnitine was causing the edginess? I'm never sure what causes anything, because she takes supplements and antibiotics and you can't go off everything long enough to be sure by eliminating one thing or re-introducing one thing at a time.

Too bad that the epsom salt baths don't help Gaby. It just makes sense that they would relax her, but she is even more agitated right afterwards and says she can't sleep. Don't know if its directly related, but seems to happen most of the time. Pat

LOL took me a bit there to realize you were likely posting re my post in my signature link :angry:

click here for The Treatments that have Helped My Son

I was trying to find those topics on the Latitudes blog at first!;)

my son took both taurine and 5htp so I am not sure what their separate effects may have been.

interestingly he cannot tolerate 5htp anymore (he was 11 when we were on the initial supplement program with him and is now 19yo) He takes inositol, P-5-P, methylB12 now with Boswellin for his OCD

we knew it was the L-carnitine making him edgy as he had been off it for over a year, having used it very successfully a year before for a screaming tic . when he started it again he immediately became edgy/spacy and as soon as he stopped taking it he felt better.

maybe the sulfer in the epsom salts(magnesium sulfate) is what your daughter is reacting too?

another member, efgh, posted a link recently on the TS forum here about a company that makes various salts combos, so maybe you could try one with magnesium that doesnt have sulfer?? I have heard of other people who seem to not tolerate sulfated products

hope I answered all those for you Pat, and dont forget to check out Latitudes Blog "Better Brains, Naturally"

http://latitudes.blogs.com/weblog/

:)