ACN Latitudes Forums

Sleep

Indigo

Erica...whether you child is still throat culture positive once beh. symptoms appear probably is variable. Our dd was culture positive 2 mo. after FEVER/onset of symptoms (but she may actually be some kind of a strep carrier). For some, (I think) with the intial PANDAS episode there can be a lag between strep and beh. change, but with subsequent episodes the strep/beh. may be more closely tied in time.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peg, if you have the site for the rapid tests that would be great but I thought that often by time the pandas sympoms appear it could be a while from the intial strep? If that's so wouldn't the culture not show it even if he had it? He didn't test with a positive culture when I realized something was not right with him (when sleeping issues started and I started putting 2 plus 2 together) but had definitely been exposed to it via my daughter.

Well, here's where you can order the Home Strep Test Kit:

http://www.medicaldisposables.us/home.php?cat=6

My daughter teasted positive nearly everytime she wasn't on antibiotics- as soon as I saw behaviors start. So I wonder if you could test your child at home at regular intervals and keep a log or something. If it comes positive get it comfirmed at the docs so they have the same info.

Thanks! Not sure if I am going to order any just yet just because of the cost but I am saving that site just in case!

Peg, if you have the site for the rapid tests that would be great but I thought that often by time the pandas sympoms appear it could be a while from the intial strep? If that's so wouldn't the culture not show it even if he had it? He didn't test with a positive culture when I realized something was not right with him (when sleeping issues started and I started putting 2 plus 2 together) but had definitely been exposed to it via my daughter.

Well, here's where you can order the Home Strep Test Kit:

http://www.medicaldisposables.us/home.php?cat=6

My daughter teasted positive nearly everytime she wasn't on antibiotics- as soon as I saw behaviors start. So I wonder if you could test your child at home at regular intervals and keep a log or something. If it comes positive get it comfirmed at the docs so they have the same info.