ACN Latitudes Forums

Still no major tics, but not sure what this is?

lmcgill

We are still going very well with our son, no major body tics for close to two years. We still have some tongue and the eye twitch but it is so minor. He is home today with a fever/cold and I have noticed for several months he will glance up towards the ceiling then look ahead again. His eyes are not rolling, he just seems to look up then straight. I was curious if it was a habit, but there seems to be no consistency. I noticed it this morning when he was watching TV. He will also line things up in front of his face sometimes. An example would be if he was eating his food, he would center the fork in front of his face then put it in his mouth. Or lift the TV remote up from the couch, put it in front of his face then change the channel. He will not do it all the time, just occasionally when he it seems convenient. I thought these seemed a little like OCD, but he has never had any signs of that before.

I know, all kids do strange things, these are so minor, but since it is my turn to stay home with him, thought I would ask.

Hi Lenny,

Has something snuck into his diet last week or so, I know you say wheat and chocolate seemed to be his triggers? He probably doesn't have that many sensitivities and maybe that's why he's been doing well. I forget, you did do some NAET treatments too? If so, does he go in for re-checking once in a while? maybe something has developed.

Re the lining up of things, I think that's sort of a compulsion, he is probably lining it up with something in his vision, not necessarily that it has to be in the middle. OCD is probably part of the ts thing, but it doesn't necessarily mean it will be dominant, I'm sure these are just little things that will pass, I'm sure other kids do stuff like that and do not have ocd or tics. Like how many kids do the thing where their different foods in the plate can't touch each other, that is common, I think.

Faith

Hi Lenny,

Has something snuck into his diet last week or so, I know you say wheat and chocolate seemed to be his triggers? He probably doesn't have that many sensitivities and maybe that's why he's been doing well. I forget, you did do some NAET treatments too? If so, does he go in for re-checking once in a while? maybe something has developed.

Re the lining up of things, I think that's sort of a compulsion, he is probably lining it up with something in his vision, not necessarily that it has to be in the middle. OCD is probably part of the ts thing, but it doesn't necessarily mean it will be dominant, I'm sure these are just little things that will pass, I'm sure other kids do stuff like that and do not have ocd or tics. Like how many kids do the thing where their different foods in the plate can't touch each other, that is common, I think.

Faith

He had some donut holes at school last Monday. He has been so clean so this took him a little back. I am thinking about taking him into NAET for a tuneup. I still have a problem with the whole thing, sort of all hocus pocus if you think about it too much! Overall he is very good, we still keep the diet in check as well as Bonnies and Calm.

How about you, you in a "good place" these days?

hi, i had to reply to your post. what is his whole demeanor when he does those things? what is his facial expression? does he seem zoned out, what happens if that action is interrupted? 2 things come to mind based on experience with my son. first one would wonder about vision - i have read recently about the complex variety of vision problems there are out there that make people look peripherally a lot or cause misperceptions in vision. second, it sounds kind of in the OCD family, in other words, what is he deriving from doing those things? if they are a tic they can have OCD working with it and it becomes an OCd type tic, doesnt mean the child "has" OCD - does it give him satisfation to do those things? i would guess yes. this could be a visual kind of self stimulation while satisfying a compulsion to have something look just a certain way. my son has all kinds of these things. i have thought about them a lot. then again maybe the donut did it, im not sure how you would know for sure.

take care :)

We are still going very well with our son, no major body tics for close to two years. We still have some tongue and the eye twitch but it is so minor. He is home today with a fever/cold and I have noticed for several months he will glance up towards the ceiling then look ahead again. His eyes are not rolling, he just seems to look up then straight. I was curious if it was a habit, but there seems to be no consistency. I noticed it this morning when he was watching TV. He will also line things up in front of his face sometimes. An example would be if he was eating his food, he would center the fork in front of his face then put it in his mouth. Or lift the TV remote up from the couch, put it in front of his face then change the channel. He will not do it all the time, just occasionally when he it seems convenient. I thought these seemed a little like OCD, but he has never had any signs of that before.

I know, all kids do strange things, these are so minor, but since it is my turn to stay home with him, thought I would ask.

hi, i had to reply to your post. what is his whole demeanor when he does those things? what is his facial expression? does he seem zoned out, what happens if that action is interrupted? 2 things come to mind based on experience with my son. first one would wonder about vision - i have read recently about the complex variety of vision problems there are out there that make people look peripherally a lot or cause misperceptions in vision. second, it sounds kind of in the OCD family, in other words, what is he deriving from doing those things? if they are a tic they can have OCD working with it and it becomes an OCd type tic, doesnt mean the child "has" OCD - does it give him satisfation to do those things? i would guess yes. this could be a visual kind of self stimulation while satisfying a compulsion to have something look just a certain way. my son has all kinds of these things. i have thought about them a lot. then again maybe the donut did it, im not sure how you would know for sure.

take care :)

You know, you raise some good points. I have always thought he had light sensitivity. He does more of the eye looking up thing after he has watched "screens" such as TV computer. I don't think it is OCD. He has never had any signs from what I have read on OCD. I need to go back to work. I just keep thinking how bad he was 2 years ago and I keep thinking he is headed back to that. He may never, and his teachers, friends and other people have NEVER noticed anything, accept my Mom, and only because we told her and she knows how upset I get when he tics. My wife gets to look after him tomorrow, she doesn't have to work tomorrow. As a dental hygienist, they seem to make their own hours!

Lenny,

I know you are skeptical with NAET, does it mean that after NAET you did not see any improvement with the tics? And what was your son treated for?

I did not see an immediate & direct improvement from NAET treatments on my son's tics, but rather a graduate improvement along with a comprehensive approach of CST and on 3 Undas (homeopathic combination remedies).

The eye movement you described sounds like a tic to me, perhaps induced after viewing. Was your son treated for radiation?

Pat

Lenny,

I know you are skeptical with NAET, does it mean that after NAET you did not see any improvement with the tics? And what was your son treated for?

I did not see an immediate & direct improvement from NAET treatments on my son's tics, but rather a graduate improvement along with a comprehensive approach of CST and on 3 Undas (homeopathic combination remedies).

The eye movement you described sounds like a tic to me, perhaps induced after viewing. Was your son treated for radiation?

Pat

We did see an improvement with tics, I just can't be sure why since we were doing the diet as well as Bonnies all around the same time. As far as what he was treated for, it seemed like almost everything! I have his book, I should look into and see. The whole thing just got a little wierd when the NAET Dr. tried treating over the phone, or through my wife touch our son while touching her, or emailing us telling our son was not cleared yet, but then let us know hours later that he was now cleared?? Too strange, but I am not going to say I was sorry for doing it.

He was not treated for radiation. Should he have been?

i've donet he lining up thing before. usually when i look out a window. i get the window panes lined up with something. lol. i do it occasionally, and like once or twice a day if i do it at all.

i also sometimes look up and check the corners of my living room when im watching tv. its not a tic. its OCD. im making sure there are no bugs hiding in the corners. I do the same thing except i check all the corners in my bedroom before i go to bed. it started when i lived in a apartment that had a lot of silverfish living in it. i wanted to make sure they werent on my walls/ceilings when i went to bed, and bugs usually hide in corners because strategically thats they have the best vantage point there (predators cant sneak up behind them). but if i do do that, its like once an hour. i dont think i've done that one in months, tho.

i just wanted to comment since i read your post and thought "omg, i do both of those!"

posted from my phone. sorry for typos and lack of capitalization.