ACN Latitudes Forums

two weeks post IVIg

amy s

Hi Amy,

I'm so happy your dd is doing great!

One thought about 1/2 days...my PANDAS dd had to go 1/2 days for a while in April (hosp. for anorexia nervosa/malnutrition in March). Anyway, it was a little awkward for her to go home early every day, since she is the type of kid who doesn't like to be singled out and still had quite a bit of PANDAS anxiety at that point. I don't know if this would present a problem for your dd?

Hi Amy,

I'm so happy your dd is doing great!

One thought about 1/2 days...my PANDAS dd had to go 1/2 days for a while in April (hosp. for anorexia nervosa/malnutrition in March). Anyway, it was a little awkward for her to go home early every day, since she is the type of kid who doesn't like to be singled out and still had quite a bit of PANDAS anxiety at that point. I don't know if this would present a problem for your dd?

Thanks EA-

Good point...and it was one I hadn't thought of until you wrote that.

I had the meeting at the school today regarding her starting school again. Before the meeting I probed her a bit regarding her feelings on the matter. She's very excited to go back so that's good. At the meeting it was decided that only for tomorrow she will go for a 1/2 day and that I would accompany her while she is there. She did say that she wanted ME to be there, so that's why I am going for the first day back. And secondly the school thought it was in her best interest (the 1/2 day tomorrow only) because all afternoon there will be testing going on...material that she missed. I'm so excited that she's going back! Nervous too! I really hope it works and she can continue to go to regular school. Next week she will go full days and without me! I will update in a few weeks on her progress!

regards,

amy s