ACN Latitudes Forums

Carlson fish oil users

Guest Guest_efgh

Guest Guest_efgh

Anyone who uses carlson fish oil, can you please tell me what is the amount of mercury in that (is that detail available in the label). The WHO permitted rate is

0.5 ppm mercury limit. Is it less than that or is it ZERO?

thanks.

efgh,

I couldn't find the exact amount that might be in it, but I found this endorsement from Dr. Mercola's website:

We all need the omega-3 fats found in fish -- in the case of most Americans, in fact, omega-3 is desperately needed -- but you should get them from a clean source. Most fish oil supplements, like the Carlson brand of fish oil/cod liver oil that I highly recommend and offer on this site, go through a molecular distillation process to clean out the mercury. The Carlson brand is also routinely tested using standard international protocols in an independent, FDA registered laboratory; this testing not only ensures freedom from detectable levels of mercury, but also cadmium, lead, PCBs and 28 other contaminants. If you are using a brand besides Carlson, you should definitely contact the manufacturer to confirm they go through this process and testing.

Guest Guest_efgh

Thanks Nancy.

do you keep the carlson fish oil capsules in the refrigerator or in normal room temperature? Do you give it after food or with food for your son? HOw many do you give in a day - what dosage? What is the best time to give it to kids assuming I start with one or two initially?

tks again.

efgh,

Hi! We too have used Carlson's fish oi. We found it in a liquid form since the capsules are too big for my son to swallow. The taste isn't too bad I think they add some lemon to it. So it's quite pleasant compared to the old fashioned cod liver oil my mother made me take as a child :) .

Jennifer

Guest Guest_efgh

Nancy or Jennifer

Just visited carlson fish oil site. I gather that carlson liquid fish oil contains VITAMIN E too whereas carlson fish oil gels DO NOT contain Vitamin E. I generally think that its better to consume omega 3 oils with Vitamin E. Any idea WHY the gels DO NOT contain vitamin E whereas the liquid oil contains that.

In that case, does it make sense to give vitamin E separately to our kids along with the fish oil.. your thoughts please.

Guest Guest_efgh

Nancy or Jennifer

Just visited carlson fish oil site. I gather that carlson liquid fish oil contains VITAMIN E too whereas carlson fish oil gels DO NOT contain Vitamin E. I generally think that its better to consume omega 3 oils with Vitamin E. Any idea WHY the gels DO NOT contain vitamin E whereas the liquid oil contains that.

In that case, does it make sense to give vitamin E separately to our kids along with the fish oil.. your thoughts please.

Guest Guest_efgh

Jennifer, also can you tell me the brand of the general multivit/mineral supplement that you give your son? what are the basic ingredients/dosages?