ACN Latitudes Forums

probiotics and tics

rysmom58

My son has been on 1tsp of kids calm daily for about 2 mos. now and it has helped his tics immensly.

He tends to get chest infections often and a friend of mine suggestioned probiotics for his immune system.

so of course I'm nervous and wondering if anyone has used any probiotics before and if you did, did it increase tics? Also, can I give it to him while taking Kid's calm? thanks

My son has been on 1tsp of kids calm daily for about 2 mos. now and it has helped his tics immensly.

He tends to get chest infections often and a friend of mine suggestioned probiotics for his immune system.

so of course I'm nervous and wondering if anyone has used any probiotics before and if you did, did it increase tics? Also, can I give it to him while taking Kid's calm? thanks

I know most of us have used or are using probiotics and haven't seen a tic increase. We saw a minor tic increase when he started on some digestive enzymes but I couldn't directly attribute it to that b/c I had changed a few other things and we were in the spring allergy season. I think probiotics are a great idea as they help improve gut health. I just wish I remembered to give them to my son on a more regular basis. I give him so many supplements that this one seems to get put on the back burner many days of the week!

Bonnie

Why don't you try the probiotic yogurts for the kids. There's so many - Activia, Yoptimal, Pro-Avantage (by President's Choice)....

I figure it's a double benefit, the yogurt's good for them, and so is the probiotic that's in it

My kids eat them like crazy

I make sure they have no artificial flavors or colors.