ACN Latitudes Forums

eye infections

MARYANN

Hi, I went to look at my book on Tics and forgot I lent it to somebody. My daughter had a stye which I thought was going away. My daughter went down to the school nurse last week and she gave her presription but told me only to use it if it was necsessary. That was last week and to me her eye was fine and all the sudden it swelled last night top and bottom lid. Went back to the nurse today she said she can see the stye a little bit and she said she does not know what is going on. Her eyes are black underneath like she has not slept in days. I really have not seen my daughter tic in awhile, I mean if I sat and watched her I will see a tic here and there. I don't watch her constantly no more and the last time I saw her tic alot was in August and that was because she had candy. Today, She did the HUH sound for about 5 minutes which the last time she did that was last winter and I am noticing her eye ticing alot today. I have a feeling everything is connected somehow. Is there anything in the book about eye infections or does anybodys kids get eye infections? My daughter has had a few eye infections and come to think of it, it is when her tics started.

Thanks

Maryann,

Some of those infections or styes can be caused by staph. Your daughters immune system may be stressed right now leaving her susceptable (hence the dark circles) or the infections itself maybe causing a little stress to her system. Personally, I feel staph can be a tic trigger, at least for my oldest son.

You might want to replace her eye makeup. Mascara, eye liner etc. can become contaminated and spread infection to the other eye, or from upper to lower lid. I'm not sure how much useful info is on this site. You can do a search for natural remedies. The eye is probably going to be trickier than other body area's tho.

http://www.essortment.com/all/eyestyes_retd.htm

Maryann,

Some of those infections or styes can be caused by staph. Your daughters immune system may be stressed right now leaving her susceptable (hence the dark circles) or the infections itself maybe causing a little stress to her system. Personally, I feel staph can be a tic trigger, at least for my oldest son.

You might want to replace her eye makeup. Mascara, eye liner etc. can become contaminated and spread infection to the other eye, or from upper to lower lid. I'm not sure how much useful info is on this site. You can do a search for natural remedies. The eye is probably going to be trickier than other body area's tho.

http://www.essortment.com/all/eyestyes_retd.htm

I agree it is something with her immune system. She did get rid of her make up!

She had to go on the prescribtion and she is looking better. Thanks for your help! Maryann