ACN Latitudes Forums

Marihuana ans tics

Vinton

Guess I've hit the jackpot..lol

I suffer from Multiple sclerosis, Cyclothemia (mild version of bipolar) ADHD and mild form of Tourettes.

My main problem is the neck pain caused by the tics. I'm not interested in meds. Once I was given risperdal o.5 mg and I ended up in the emergency with my heart going crazy..

I know that I can get a permission to obtain it ligally but first I need to know is it is effective ans what type would be best for me.

Thanks

Vinton

this is something best discussed with your physician

the TSA has research studies on the effect of cannibis on tics. it is found to reduce them and a prescription medication, marinol, is used successfully by some in areas where it is approved.

medically certified would probably be much safer than "street" varieties as the latter are now so "designer" genetically modified etc that they often have little resemblance to the natural form, and can actually cause paranoia, phobia, schizophrenic episodes....so please do be very careful

Well, I have to weigh in here.

My hubby always had back neck pain due to his significant rapid-head bobs,

combined with really significant eye tics. Many times he would be tremendously

physically exhausted from this.

When he was an older teen, he told me he more than dabbled in weed,

(said he always got high-quality), and he said it hugely helped his tics.

Although he hasn't done it in about 25 years...

but he said he wouldn't be adverse to, should the opportunity present itself!

For adults that really suffer with tics, I definitely think it should be

legalized for medicinal purposes.

Well, I have to weigh in here.

My hubby always had back neck pain due to his significant rapid-head bobs,

combined with really significant eye tics. Many times he would be tremendously

physically exhausted from this.

When he was an older teen, he told me he more than dabbled in weed,

(said he always got high-quality), and he said it hugely helped his tics.

Although he hasn't done it in about 25 years...

but he said he wouldn't be adverse to, should the opportunity present itself!

For adults that really suffer with tics, I definitely think it should be

legalized for medicinal purposes.

Thanks.

I've been looking into it to obtain it legally and in Canada it is approved for medical purposes so I'm thinking of applying.

Instead of taking neuroleptics for the tics and parkinson meds for my MS and legs spams, I would be better off to take marihuana when needed.

I have experienced both a significant tic reduction AND a significant increase (that lasted for days) from marijuana.

Perhaps it depends on the strain (indica vs. sativa).

Good luck.

Marinol (THC extract pill available by prescription) has also been shown to be beneficial to people with tics/tourettes.

Off the streets most people have sativa. I have a cannabis card and they have all the weeds labeled. Sativa generally makes me worse and indica don't notice a diff. I think maybe because I believe my tics r from something other then ts but who knows. I just recently quit weed after smoking for about 2 years and am hoping this will help my tics decrease but anyway I heard it help most people with ts. Lookfor some og kush my man

Off the streets most people have sativa. I have a cannabis card and they have all the weeds labeled. Sativa generally makes me worse and indica don't notice a diff. I think maybe because I believe my tics r from something other then ts but who knows. I just recently quit weed after smoking for about 2 years and am hoping this will help my tics decrease but anyway I heard it help most people with ts. Lookfor some og kush my man

Good to know you've had a similar experience with Sativa and it's not just me.

Did you notice that it made you worse just while the weed was in you, or did it last for a while afterward?

• 1 year later...

I'm thinking of giving a little MJ to my DS. His tics are so bad and I can't stand those prescriptions.

I've read many, many stories where it's a big help, including one man who gave his son just a tiny pinch each night orally.

I don't beleive in legalizing drugs except for medicinal use.

I may not be the best person to answer this question, as I have never even used marihuana. I think it would be best for you to educate yourself on the effects of marihuana on neurotransmitters and which ones marihuana stimulates.

CP