ACN Latitudes Forums

Body bio - jennifer

Guest Guest_efgh

Guest Guest_efgh

Jennifer,

I just recd the body bio oil and magnesium taurate. planning to start on my son from tomorrow.

shall i start with 1 tspn twice a day. I remember you metnioning that I should give it with meals (protein). Can I give it once after food in the morning and again after food in the evening??

What dosage do you give your son and when? Sorry - I know you mentioned about this before but i lost track.

Also magnesium taurate - what dosage of magnesium do you give your son and when?

just hoping that I seem some break with these new products. Thanks to you, I managed to buy without much research. hope body bio works!!!

thanks

Guest Jennifer

efgh,

I haven't used magnesium taurate. We use the ionic form from body bio. I started our son out at 1/2 tbsp. a day and we've worked our way up to 1 tbsp. I have him eat eggs or some kind of meat then right after he takes the oil so that it combines with the protein. As far as the magnesium goes I give him 10 drops.

I hope it works as well for your son as it has for ours.

Jennifer

Guest Guest_efgh

jennifer, you mentioned your sound used to blow raspberries. what exactly you mean? is it something like whistling ?? was it very loud? when his vocal tics were very bad, did he have it constant (esp. while watching tv). my son is humming and saying "uh" sound almost constantly...

Guest Guest_efgh

Jennifer, in the above post read "sound" as "son" . sorry for the typo.

also while watching TV my son seems to be repeating sounds in TV. (like laughs etc). did your son too have that? anything specific that helped his vocal tics finally?

Fixed an appointment on feb 1 with a naturopath. Can you please tell me sequentially the tests I should ask him to perform on my son so that I can be well prepared when I meet him. I spoke to him on phone and he said he will do a hair analysis test and blood test to start with. I would appreciate inputs from you on this so that I can ask him to go step by step on this. Why does fatty acid analysis test so long? Is it a blood test? how is it being taken?

efgh,

When I said my son used to "blow raspberries" I meant that he made kind up a spitting sound with his tongue, like little babies do. My son also has repeated words. Words from T.V. words we say or the last word of his sentence.

I'm glad you found a naturpath!! I hope you get all your answers. I would definately do a hair analysis, amino acid test, blood chemistry panel and fatty acid testing. Allergy testing would be worth while as well if you could get one done that is as accurate as possible (ther aren't very accurate the skin test being the least). Also the thyroid is a good test to do too(T3, T4 and TSH) A stool sample for yeast.

That's all I can think of for now. If anyone else can think of anymore tests please post them ^_^

Jennifer

Guest Guest_efgh

Jennifer

Thanks for your kind replies. What are you suggesting the thyroid test for ? Is it to eliminate thyroid related problems causing tics? did you get it done too?

thanks ..

efgh,

According to doctors a large number of children on the ASD spectrum have thyroid problems. I'm not sure how a thyroid problem would effect a tic disorder per se, but I have read that hyperthyroidism can cause hyperactivity in a child, weight loss the whole metabolism is in hyperdrive with too much thyroid hormone being produced...tics don't seem like a strange consequence. A thyroid imbalance can also produce mood swings and low T-3 can result in lowered serotonin. The thyroid system is very complex. I've been reading a book about it and it seems like something that is very commonly missed. A person can even have all normal ranges, but be missing a protein that transports the hormone to the brain. If all testing comes back normal and it is still a strong suspicion an endocrinologist would be the way to go. We had our son checked, the TSH, T4 and T3 were normal...but I'm still not excluding his thyroid as a possibility for what causes the mood swings and OCD. I even read that some people who were diagnosed with manic depression were suffering from nothing more that hypothyroid (low thyroid).

Jennifer

Guest Guest_efgh

Jennifer

I discussed with my thyroid doctor about this sometime back. she says hyperthyroidism is VERY RARE In children. and the symptoms are mainly that the child is not active and is always tired and dull and may have frequent diaohrrea.

Jennifer, i just went to my homeopath and was discussing about my son's vocal tics etc. She asked me to try Hyperikum (I think that is St John's wort). any views on this since I remember you tried this and it wired your son.

my son sometimes utters nonsensical words and phrases in the form of tunes. for eg he splits the word and sings it in the form of tunes - he says "NE= CE- CE CE SA SA SA RY RY". he does it casually and is aware that he is doing it but does it when ever he is playing on pc, etc .. he has his own favourite set of words which he uses on and off. Is it a tic. Did you encounter such a thing. should i ignore it assuming its a tic.

Are you a member of braintalk. I am unable to register. it says hotmail users cannot register, etc. I tried mailing that contact person many times but no response. any idea on this.

Guest Guest_efgh

Jennifer

you are right about thyroid tests values not being totally accurate. Assuming that we suspect thyroid (hyperthyroidism) is there something that we can do to correct the thyroid balance in such cases??

thanks.