ACN Latitudes Forums

Environmental Doctor visit

Claire

Claire,

I'm glad you got all your results back. It does pay to get the testing done so you're not doing a bunch of guess work. Hopefully you'll begin to see an improvement with the supplements he needs.

Also, if you haven't allready read what Sheila Rogers had to say about vitamin/mineral defficiencies affecting the body's ability to utilize fatty acids correctly. I think her post is under Fatty Acids.

I'm glad you are finally getting some answers!!

Jennifer

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claire,

I completely understand your frustration. Our chidren mean so much to us, yet life must still go on. It is a difficult juggling act.

There is a test that Dr. McCandless recommends, called an organic acid test. It measures key components in the child's biochemical factory. It is supposed to provide indicators of how efficiently the metabolism is functioning and how well it is converting food into usable products for the body. I believe it is a urine test. This is also one I would like to talk our doctor into doing.

Hang in there,

Jennifer

Claire,

Thanks for sharing the information! Good to hear that you finally got some test results back. I wish I could have more to share but I'm still struggling to search for a right doctor/naturopath/EM for my son. I have to work extended hours these days in order to deliver my project. I don't have much time to do the research for my son, and feel frustrated sometimes. Without real tests and analyses of his body, I feel that I am in a "black whole" (if I would like to introduce new "stuff" to my son). I hope I will find a doctor like Jennifer's or yours soon. Keep praying.

Guest Guest_efgh

Claire

I would like to congratulate you for your hard focussed effort in getting your son's tests etc . Goodluck to you!! But since you said your son hardly has any tics now, can you please educate me on the purpose of all these tests that you are taking.

And after the bird flu scare, people are against giving chickens (some of them even eggs) to their kids. How about all your views on this. Would be interested to hear further on this from you all.

thanks.

Guest Guest_efgh

Claire

Useful reply regarding triggers.

Can I buy the irlen sheets just like that or do I need a doctor to prescribe that. Can you tell me more on that please? I am interested since I notice that my son gets his eye rolling tic more when he does intense reading .. He too reads a real lot. Where can I get them ??

Claire, wanted to share a piece of info which would definitely interest you. I had mentioned to my son that the TV was faulty for the past one week. His tics really decreased a lot on account of that step. (practically minimal). Today he said he will watch a movie on the pc monitor and I could not say NO and his vocal tics again started when he watched the movie. Interesting indeed!

Heather,

Does your son tic the maximum when he watches TV? what are (were) his tic triggers basically?

My son gets his CONSTANT vocal tics when he watches TV. (may be I should say he gets it ONLY when he watches TV!). Heather , what is your experience on this?

Jean,

you can also check http://www.aaem.com/Referable_Physicians.asp or http://acam.org/ for the list of doctors in your area. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Efgh,

Thanks for the vitamin and doctor info.! My son rolls his eyes more too if he reads for longer time. I also noticed that he tics if he sits in an uncomfortable position while reading (although his tics are very mild these days). He always complains that his eyes are tired. I may try the Iren sheet for him too.

Guest Guest_Claire

Thanks for the info on Irlen sheets. I have a few doubts

1) can any one use it?

2) do we need doctor's advice or prescription before using this?

3) does it magnify the letters in the paper?

4) what exactly is the principle behind it? How does it actually help the kids?

5) Is it not available in any good drug stores?

Thanks. Sorry for so many questions/doubts. since you are using it, I will be getting first hand practical tips from you on that. I am curious if it magnifies the letters and gives more comfort to the readers.

Guest Guest_efgh

Thanks for the info on Irlen sheets. I have a few doubts

1) can any one use it?

2) do we need doctor's advice or prescription before using this?

3) does it magnify the letters in the paper?

4) what exactly is the principle behind it? How does it actually help the kids?

5) Is it not available in any good drug stores?

Thanks. Sorry for so many questions/doubts. since you are using it, I will be getting first hand practical tips from you on that. I am curious if it magnifies the letters and gives more comfort to the readers.

P.S SORRY CLAIRE, I ENTERED YOUR NAME INSTEAD OF MINE , HENCE REPOSTING. CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO EDIT THE ALREADY POSTED ARTICLE IN LATITUDES. YOU MENTIONED ABOUT IT BUT I GUESS THOSE EDITING OPTIONS ARE THERE IN BRAINTALK BUT I DONT SEE SUCH AN ICON/OPTION IN THIS FORUM. IF YOU KNOW PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Hi ya, Claire...

We are doing many of the same things right now. We have started with our naturopath doctor who has been fantastic. At present we are doing the food elimination diet, healing Kurt's gut with a herbal GI formual, grapeseed extract, colloidal silver and probiotics. Vitamins etc are next...

I will keep you all up to date as far as our experience with our naturopath doctor goes...

Ronna

• 2 weeks later...