ACN Latitudes Forums

Environmental Doctor visit

Claire

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claire,

Thanks for this useful information! Is your doctor also a Ped. ? I found a one close to my area (but haven't contacted with him yet) from the web site that you mentioned in your another post. I've also read some good recommendations about the doctor. I just would like to know if it's necessary to see a environmental medicine doctor who is also a Ped. Your input is appreciated!

Guest Guest_efgh

Claire

Congrats on your focussed effort. You indeed seem to have found a good doctor.

What is the doctor's speciality? Is he a natural medicine expert or homeopath or a supplement expert or all in all?

Did he say that we can try fish oil without fatty acids test? When will your fatty acid test result come out? Was it a simple blood test (that is did he take a nominal sample amount of blood??) I am asking this becos my son hates blood tests.

Jean and Claire

sorry i can't trace the post of yours where in you give a list of environmental doctors. Can you please again quickly let me know the website??

Guest Guest_efgh

Thanks Claire

You said 4 samples but one needle. I cant follow that.

Reg. melatonin does he say that its more useful for those kids who use night lamps?? My son never uses any night light while sleeping.

You said the air filter helps. Is it the hepa air filter. But I thought hepa air filter is useful when you have the AC on during peak summer... Am i wrong?

thanks again.

Guest Guest_efgh

Claire.

When I said who is your doctor, I just wanted/meant to ask if its from aaem site or DAN site. Obviously, you should not quote the name of the doctor as you RIGHTLY said. I sent a mail to Sheila rogers and she has given the doctors suggestions etc. Also, is melatonin a prescription drug?? Can you explain more on this medicine. Since it helps your son to sleep this fast, am interested. As you know my son has sleep problems too.

Is your son shaking his hands?? I guess, it will subside in a day or two.

thanks Claire again.

Claire,

It's great that you found a good doctor to help you through the myriad of possible tests. I've been looking at the lists of doctors myself and hope to pursue that avenue at some point.

I have a question about the melatonin for anyone that has used it. My nephew takes it on the advice of a neurologist, and it has done wonders for his sleep issues as well. He was having sort of brief "blanking out" periods (less than a minute) and he had an EEG done which showed something irregular, but they couldn't really term it specifically as seizures. He's always had a very hard time falling asleep and getting a good night's rests and they thought that might contribute to his problems. Since taking the melatonin he sleeps well and is less irritable, etc., in the morning.

In the latest Mercola newsletter there's a sleep article that links to another article that talks about how melatonin can cause seizures in people with neurological conditions. Dr. Mercola comments that he thinks it should be used sparingly as well. I was concerned about my nephew taking this, and wondered if any of your doctors mentioned anything about this, or if anyone knew more about melatonin in general. I've read in some places that it shouldn't be used in children, but apparently many doctors prescribe it. Also, I think this article was from 1988, so if anyone has more up-to-date info on melatonin research I'd appreciate hearing it.

Thanks so much.

• 3 weeks later...