ACN Latitudes Forums

Antibiotic Treatment

ajcire

I had my appt today regarding my ds and trying to figure out if this is indeed pandas... The dr. ordered lab work which I went and had done right after. He said he suspects that the tests will show that strep is the cause here. He said we would talk more after the results were in, that he would call me but that if it is he will likely recommend 3 months of zithromax (I think he said a few weeks of it for 3 months or something like that) as well as a probiotic and he mentioned a few other things.. one being seletonin.

Does this sound like an ok plan to those of you are have been there and done that? Is zithromax the right choice of an antibiotic?

This dr. said he has seen a big increase of children with these problems in the last few years. He treats many kids with it which did make me feel some relief.

Erica where are you located? How did you convince him to try azith? Was it his suggestion or yours? What kind of Dr. was it? You are very lucky to get a positive response the first try. I am going on the 7th Dr. next week( not counting the ped). I finally found one to prescribe long term antibiotics and he has left the practice and the new Dr's are not comfortable with it.

Michele

Michele

I had my appt today regarding my ds and trying to figure out if this is indeed pandas... The dr. ordered lab work which I went and had done right after. He said he suspects that the tests will show that strep is the cause here. He said we would talk more after the results were in, that he would call me but that if it is he will likely recommend 3 months of zithromax (I think he said a few weeks of it for 3 months or something like that) as well as a probiotic and he mentioned a few other things.. one being seletonin.

Does this sound like an ok plan to those of you are have been there and done that? Is zithromax the right choice of an antibiotic?

This dr. said he has seen a big increase of children with these problems in the last few years. He treats many kids with it which did make me feel some relief.

I am in NY, the dr. is in NJ. I guess that this is a good thing then? It was not my suggestion because I went in blind just telling him what I was concerned about, that I was concerned it was pandas. He listened to what I had to say and said he thought it sure sounded like it and then he ordered bloodwork. He said if the bloodwork confirmed what he suspects he will see than he will try the antibiotics. He is more of a holistic ped but said that while he is not a big pusher of antibiotics he believes in it for children with this. He said other things would be to try neurofeedback if it doesn't turn out to be this or if this alone is not working.. I have no idea about any of this.

Do you know anything about seletonin as well?

Erica where are you located? How did you convince him to try azith? Was it his suggestion or yours? What kind of Dr. was it? You are very lucky to get a positive response the first try. I am going on the 7th Dr. next week( not counting the ped). I finally found one to prescribe long term antibiotics and he has left the practice and the new Dr's are not comfortable with it.

Michele

Michele

No, I saw a doctor in Oradell. He's a pediatrician but one of the peds I see normally referred me.. Well one that I saw normally told me I was crazy.. but the other one in the group told me I was not crazy but it was outside of his realm. If you want the name let me know. I of course can't say if I recommend him or not other than that I felt good about how my first appt went and I know he has dealt with pandas before.

Erica, Who is the dr in NJ? Did you try to get in with Dr Triffiletti? We have an app't with him in December. I live in NJ and was just wondering who you saw.

Nicole