ACN Latitudes Forums

Could this be a tic?

ajcire

I am in the process of trying to figure out if my 6 year old ds has pandas based on a sudden severe anxiety over sleeping alone at night that started 2 days after my dd was diagnosed with strep (he tested neg) and a past year that was full of strep in the house. Nobody that I know of has had it now since my dd had it at the end of the summer when the sleep issue started, throat clearing, eye blinking, quick temper over things that should not be setting him off so quick. He takes Karate and I noticed that he has been scratching like crazy when there.. I mean, all over his body as if he as itches everywhere. We are headed there in a little bit and he has been in his karate clothes all morning now... has not scratched once. Is it possible that he is just doing it at one place and that he is not really itchy? Could it be more like a tic or ocd (he has definite mild ocd behaviors) type thing? I asked him at karate if he was itchy and he said no. If I mention this to anyone here they will tell me I am just looking for things...which goodness, I am so NOT looking for things.

I will be seeing a dr. on Friday for a consult who hopefully will shed some insight on if my ds might have pandas.

hi

usually that kind of scratching is something I have come to associate with allergy

could they be using a carpet shampoo? pesticide? air freshener or something like that that is causing a chemical sensitivity for him

also sometimes sweating can cause itchiness.

but yes, scratching can sometimes be tic related too, tho from my experience it is usually a specific area tic rather than allover

He didn't scratch a lot during this class yesterday... I don't know if he was trying not to since I had just mentioned it to him or if he just didn't need to.

I thought about the possibility of them using something that was causing an allergic reaction but I just thought it seemed really unlikely as he has never had any issues with anything before.