ACN Latitudes Forums

Igg Testing - after being on a GFCF and corn free diet

QsMom

My son has been on a GFCF diet for over a year. We have also been mostly corn free since April.

He has to do some blood work, and my dr. as agreed to also do an Igg in addition.

Does anyone know how long and in what quanities I need to reintroduce gluten, casein and corn in order to have them show up on the test? Anyone had an experience with this?

Thanks for your feedback.

We were told two weeks by the folks at Alcat. My Celiac forum group says one month for gluten. We tested negative to milk allergy on the IgG and we were off dairy for about a year before the test. I reintroduced dairy for about two weeks prior and he still tested negative to dairy. I believe dairy is problematic for him and so we only give it with enzymes and rarely. I don't let him have it but only a couple of times a week at the most in small doses.

Hi Q's mom,

I'd be interested to know if the dietary restrictions are helping in any way? Why are you getting more bloodwork done, specifically the Igg? Is that to see if he is still sensitive? How is he doing presently? How do you feel he is growing despite being gluten and casein free?

Thanks

Faith

Caryn- Thanks for the info. I've also sent emails to a few of the companies that do testing to see what they say as well. I'll post what I find out. You also brought digestive enzymes ... I'm wondering if they will skew the results? My son takes them with every meal.

Faith- Overall, we've had a quiet year with the tics which I am very thankful for. When we started the GFCF last September the tics stopped competely for about three months. Then around Thanksgiving he got bronchittis and developed a hand over mought tic (like you'd do when you cough) ... but mostly the tics were non exsistent or at a level that only a mom would notice.

In the summer he had what I would call an episode of neck/shoulder tics. We then have had another episode of tics right before school started that started with heavy eye blinking which turned to mouth stretching. My son's homeopathic dr believes he has pandas, but she tests with muscle testing to determine this, and I want to start getting a more conclusive test. I found a pediatrician in my area who identified and treated PANDAS with a friend's child and this dr. suggested I get a titer test for my son as a baseline. Since we are doing a blood draw, I thought I'd go ahead and do the IGG since you use the same blood draw. I'm curious to see what shows up.

So, I do think the diet helped him SIGNIFICANTLY -- we saw an immediate reduction in tics and over time I think his immune system has strengthened b/c he gets sick a lot less. At the same time, it's been a year so if he can now tolerate some milk and wheat products, I'd like to open those doors. Regardless of what we reintroduce, we'll continue to follow a Feingold-like and organic food diet for the whole family.