ACN Latitudes Forums

Snacks

Guest Guest_efgh

Welcome Mickey!

Though this site is primarily focused on tics/TS, I find that their is more helpful info on OCD here (due to the conditions often coexisting) than on other sites. Chemar and others made a huge difference in her son's OCD symptoms through diet and/or supplements. I suggest that you click onChemar's name and read her posts, or look at the threads with OCD in the title (e.g her son takes St. John's wort and 5HTP, but never together...)

Food can definitely make a difference.

Milk/cheese can be a problem with those with issues with cassein (the milk protein) issues

the yeast in the the dough could be a problem with those with candidas yeast issues

-tomatoes can cause a problem with those with reaction to salycites.

On the other hand maybe none of those is a problem for you.

A good place to start with food triggers is to look at feingold.org or feingold.com (?). They have an elimination diet where you go to basic foods on the list for a bit, look for improvement then add them in.

For details, search these threads for Feingold, and you might ask specific questions in those threads.

Good luck, and welcome!

Claire

Hi,

I am from Canada so not sure if you get Presidents Choice brands where you all are but my son eats some great Organic bars found at any grocery store that sells Presidents choice products. There are 1) Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip 2) Oatmeal and Honey and 3) Banana & Peanut Butter. My son loves them and they are all organic with natural flavours and no preservatives.

I also make homemade banana bread with whole wheat flour. It is wonderful and people always ask for the recipe when I take it somewhere. It makes 2 loaves so goes quite far and I use some Stevia to cut down on the amount of sugar but there is still sugar in it. To me, you can't tell there is Stevia in it and my son didn't know the difference, however he has balked at the Stevia in other things. Let me know if you are interested.

Heather

Hi Heather,

We used to make the whole wheat banana bread all the time, it was great. We used 1/3 white flour over time, and used apple juice concentrate instead of sugar. No one could tell the difference.

For berry pie, we also used apple juice concentrate instead of sugar and people always came back for more.

Now my son is allergic to wheat (and peanuts), but you just gave me the idea to try this with non-wheat flour, thanks!

What I am trying to find are good tasting protein dishes without wheat, beyond eggs, and hot dogs. He always ate everything with a flour coating.

Claire