ACN Latitudes Forums

clondine + alcohol

Hey ive been on .1mg of clondine twice a day for about 2 weeks. Im going to be doing a good amount of drinking this weekend and was wondering what the best way to do it is? Should I just take the clondine once in the morning apon wakening and then just drink a little later in the day or night? It's halloween weekend so I know its going to be crazy

footballguy,

Ooooh the thought of clonidine and alcohol spooks me. I think you should just forget the spirits. (ohoh, it's late and I'm in one of my moods, forgive me :) )

Maybe call a pharmacist and ask?

You might read a site like this before hand for some background info.

http://www.rxlist.com/catapres-drug.htm

Catapres (Clonidine) Drug Information: Uses, Side Effects, Drug ...The plasma level of clonidine peaks in approximately 3 to 5 hours and the plasma half-life ranges from 12 to 16 hours. The half-life increases up to 41

You be careful and stay safe!

I just made a decision. After reading about it it seems like it will not allow me to be a kid. You have to avoid alchohol. heavy excercise, and sun. I have been working out in the sun and devolped a huge itchy ratch and now know why. I don't feel like its even helping me that much. I Just took 1 pill yesterday and 1 this morning. How should I finish simmering off? i'm thinking about taking a half a pill early tommorow morning and maybe the same on saturday? or would i need to wind off even more? THanks guys

I personally would not drink while taking Clonidine, but of course this is coming from a non-drinker. I would also be very careful about coming off of the Clonidine to quickly. You sound like you are going very fast in order to be able to drink this weekend. I had a doctor who tried taking me off of Clonidine too quickly and it was a disaster. When I came off a couple years ago, I was taking less than you. I dropped the Clonidine by 1/4 of a tablet every 2 weeks.

Carolyn

I drink occasionally while on Clonidine. If anything the alcohol maybe makes me a little bit more drowsy than usual. I take my Clonidine every night at 11:30 pm, and sometimes I drink around that time. I'm only on .05mg once a day, however.

I haven't noticed any adverse effects. Alcohol has never made my tics worse.

Just don't get wasted.