ACN Latitudes Forums

vitamin brands

airbucket

i am trying to find out what the "best" brand of vitamins is for my son. I was told firstly that one should only buy whole food based vits, not chemically made vits. Second, i was told Kirkman is the best for quality and absorbability. I searched vitamins on here and found native remedies and neuroscience discussed. Does anyone have an opinion or advice as the to the best vits? i want to try a new regimen for my son but i want to buy the best i can with the best combinations, for instance i want to try a B6 and zinc regimen, but i dont know what else should or should not accompany those vitamins. thank you.

i am trying to find out what the "best" brand of vitamins is for my son. I was told firstly that one should only buy whole food based vits, not chemically made vits. Second, i was told Kirkman is the best for quality and absorbability. I searched vitamins on here and found native remedies and neuroscience discussed. Does anyone have an opinion or advice as the to the best vits? i want to try a new regimen for my son but i want to buy the best i can with the best combinations, for instance i want to try a B6 and zinc regimen, but i dont know what else should or should not accompany those vitamins. thank you.

I just look for vitamins that have no fillers. I give my son a capsule that is for kids b/c I don't like chewables as I think they're bad for their teeth. I have been giving him Thorne Research children's vitamins but I know other folks just use brands you can find at your local health food store. I think it's just important that there are no fillers or crud in them. That's why I stick with capsules b/c I know they won't have any sweeteners, etc. I do give my son a greens drink from Amazing Grass and I use it to mix his amino acids in it. I figure the whole foods he gets in there along with his multi should be plenty! Hope this helps!

Bonnie

I really am becoming to like this vitamin. It was recommended for my daughter and I have been taking it with her (I always try everything with her) Its VERY nutrient dense

http://www.naturessunshine.com/us/products...x?stocknum=1099

Also they have a health anyalizer tool.....you click the boxes ont he symptoms/conditions/issues you are conderned about and then it tells you what to take as far as supplements/vitamins:

http://www.naturessunshine.com/us/products...yzer/index.aspx

This may help you in deciding what to give and also with what will help???

Thought I would pass on. Goodluck to you

thank you both very much.

yes i always do buy all natural vits, no fillers, gluten, corn, etc, and i buy caps as well. i went to the nature sunshine web site, interesting! i want to research a little more because i want to take him off everything he is on and start fresh because since we have been doing vits/supps (about a year now) i see no difference like some of you here describe such a difference. Im not sure then if its dosage, brand, combining wrong or what could be the issue other than that he just doesnt need any vits or supps. So i really want to find the best i can for trying this all again. we do not have any kind of doctor right now that tests for vitamin defiencies or minerals, etc, so im just experimenting. thanks for your advice!

I really am becoming to like this vitamin. It was recommended for my daughter and I have been taking it with her (I always try everything with her) Its VERY nutrient dense

http://www.naturessunshine.com/us/products...x?stocknum=1099

Also they have a health anyalizer tool.....you click the boxes ont he symptoms/conditions/issues you are conderned about and then it tells you what to take as far as supplements/vitamins:

http://www.naturessunshine.com/us/products...yzer/index.aspx

This may help you in deciding what to give and also with what will help???

Thought I would pass on. Goodluck to you

Airbucket,

Hi, my son has been using Bonnie Vits now for a month. It has really helped him to be more calm and it has helped to reduce his tics. I'm still trying to help his eye tics but I'm thankful his tics have decreased. Just thought maybe it's something to look into. Trying to find the right supplements for my son has been very frustrating, but I'm very happy with the results I'm seeing. Gook Luck and take care!!! :mellow:

thanks char, i will look into that. We have used Kids Calm for a few months and i dont think i see a difference. im so glad you found something that works! i appreciate the info and i will continue to try.

Airbucket,

Hi, my son has been using Bonnie Vits now for a month. It has really helped him to be more calm and it has helped to reduce his tics. I'm still trying to help his eye tics but I'm thankful his tics have decreased. Just thought maybe it's something to look into. Trying to find the right supplements for my son has been very frustrating, but I'm very happy with the results I'm seeing. Gook Luck and take care!!! :)