ACN Latitudes Forums

Natural detox protocol

Guest Guest_efgh

Guest Jennifer

efgh,

The first step involved cleaning his digestive tract/colon. We used liquid bentonite mixed in apple juice-it is a clay that has amazing toxin absorbing properties. It is highly constipating though so we gave him a children's formula of cascara to help him with his bowel movements. We did this for about a month. Then we used a homeopathic combination for heavy metal toxicity. Then we used a product called PCA-rx which targets many different toxins not just heavy metals. We also did some foot soaks that facilitate the body's detoxification pathways through a homeopath. All the products we used contained natural ingredients... plenty of vitamin C as well.

It is very important to start with the colon because if it is overwhelmed by toxins things are not being eliminated properly by the body and can actually reabsorb and recirculate in the system.

Jennifer

Guest Guest_efgh

Jennifer,

You seem to have all the Information in your finger tips. I really admire you for your knowledge and inclination to share!! I am still perplexed as to what kind of a doctor can help me with all this detox stuff. Some doctors look at us as if we are from a village talking about all non-proven methodologies.

Did you straight start with bentonite OR DID YOU MAKE ANY TESTS for the digestive tract/colon before going ahead??

Your success is so encouraging for newly affected parents like us. It gives a lot of hope to all shattered parents.

I also heard flax oil does a lot to clean the digestive tract - Is it true?

Since echolalia (repeating words) and coprolalia are considered complex vocal tics does it mean that one would follow the other??? :)

Hi efgh

echolalia and coprolalia may or may not occur together but there is no predictibility with TS tics......they come and go...some are simple and some complex and the complexity of a tic does not necessarily mean that the TS severity is increasing.....it is far more the frequency and the serious nature that makes certain tics indicative of more severe TS

My son's detox involved homeopathic remedies(Antitox series) coupled with colon cleansing formulae made called UltraClear (made by Metagenics)

We did the detox series as a family and all benefitted from it.

Guest Jennifer

efgh,

Thank you for your kind words. Lots of reading and some friends of mine who own an natural food store have been my source of information.

No tests are neccessary prior to starting a colon cleanse. This is something we all can use- between highly refined diets and our environement our digestive tracts and colon especially could use some cleansing. The bentonite we got was just straight hydrated bentonite. A good cleanse for kids is bentonite, aloe vera juice and apple juice. You're right about flax seeds and flax seed oil...they contribute quite a bit to intestinal health.

Jennifer