ACN Latitudes Forums

New Book:Against Medical Advise/TS

HI Folks,

A new book out by James Patterson, called Against Medical Advise is a true story about a kid

and his family, enduring all the symptoms, merry go round of drs, rounds of many, many meds

good explanions of tics, ocds sufferings, all over a 13 yr time table.

The story mirrors much of what we all see in our own families and children to certain degrees.

The book is a wonderful tool to hand to a teacher, neighbor, relative or friend to give them an insite to

Tourette Syndrome.

Thank you Mr. Patterson!

Mustang Carole

MY BOYFRIEND AND I STARTED READING THE BOOK ON SATURDAY. WE WERE UNABLE TO PUT IT DOWN. HE SHARED THAT HE COULD HAVE WRITTEN THE BOOK HIMSELF. IT ALLOWED MYSELF TO SEE WHAT IT HAS BEEN LIKE TO BE IN HIS BODY. I WAS UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE BOOK BECAUSE I LEFT IT WITH HIM TO READ. LOOK FORWARD TO THE FINISHING IT.

This book sounds wonderful! I have put my name on the list to read it, at our local library.

For those of you who want to read a review, see here:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-1...on_N.htm?csp=34

Also, when I went to put my name on the local library list for the book, there were over 130 requests already!!

The library had ordered over 25 copies!! I rarely see this high level of interest in a new book.

This should tell you how many people are affected by this disorder. It is many, many more people than you think.

You children are not alone in this, if that is any comfort.