ACN Latitudes Forums

eye tics

crazy

For the eye blinking that I mentioned above, I gave my son B6 and after 3 days the blinking was gone. I don't know if it was due to the vitamin or something in his diet.

How much B6 did you give him daily to get rid of the eye tics?

I am giving him 25mg each day. He weighs 67 lbs.

My son's eye tics went away at the end of last school year. It was once I added Aceytl L Carnitine , NAC, and GABA. I had used the GABA before, but not regularly. The first two amino acids were added due to someone's post about NAC and Apple Cider Vinegar. I researched both of them and liked what I saw. I was desperate at that point. We are now relatively tic free.

He has a nose wrinkle sometimes, more so the last month...but it is much better than what we were dealing with last year. My 7 year old told me for the first time that he can "hold" his tics in so that no one sees him do it. He said that the little nose tic is much better than when he was jerking his head and getting headaches. He said kids always asked him why he was blinking and he is happy that they don't ask that anymore. BREAKS my heart at how mean kids can be and I started the talk of "don't care what anyone thinks" and started preping him with some appropriate "comebacks".

I honestly think that these three amino acids are a key to what helped his tics subside. I don't give him B's anymore b/c it was a fight to get him to take the supplements if I had the B's in there. I think I have to add them back somehow for his focus :wacko: though.

Hope this info helps.

guy,

could you offer more re longterm use of gaba? What do you consider longterm use? and what would you believe the downside to be? Any links?

thanks

Faith

You know what? I was thinking of Phenibut when I made that reply. Sorry. Phenibut is a GABA receptor agonist. Tolerance builds quickly and withdrawal can be horrible. I have used it occasionally (less than twice a month, and probably only 6 times total) as an anxiolytic and social lubricant, and it was wonderful, but I didn't notice any reduction in tic frequency.

I have no information about longterm GABA use or withdrawal. I apologize for the confusion.

My son's eye tics went away at the end of last school year. It was once I added Aceytl L Carnitine , NAC, and GABA. I had used the GABA before, but not regularly. The first two amino acids were added due to someone's post about NAC and Apple Cider Vinegar. I researched both of them and liked what I saw. I was desperate at that point. We are now relatively tic free.

He has a nose wrinkle sometimes, more so the last month...but it is much better than what we were dealing with last year. My 7 year old told me for the first time that he can "hold" his tics in so that no one sees him do it. He said that the little nose tic is much better than when he was jerking his head and getting headaches. He said kids always asked him why he was blinking and he is happy that they don't ask that anymore. BREAKS my heart at how mean kids can be and I started the talk of "don't care what anyone thinks" and started preping him with some appropriate "comebacks".

I honestly think that these three amino acids are a key to what helped his tics subside. I don't give him B's anymore b/c it was a fight to get him to take the supplements if I had the B's in there. I think I have to add them back somehow for his focus :( though.

Hope this info helps.

Tracy~

How much Aceytl L carnitine do you give your son? Is it a capsule, tablet or powder. I'm hoping to use something that he can drink. He does ok swalllowing a small pill but I'm trying to avoid him thinking he taking too much. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

[

Tracy~

How much Aceytl L carnitine do you give your son? Is it a capsule, tablet or powder. I'm hoping to use something that he can drink. He does ok swalllowing a small pill but I'm trying to avoid him thinking he taking too much. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I was giving him one capsule of 250mg. I buy it at CVS and it is a green bottle with a picture of a man/brain on it. No matter what brand I purchase, I find that I need to "dig out" the powder. It usually clumps some. All of my supplements go into Breyer's vanilla ice cream and he eats them easily.

I increased it to 375 last week, and 500 this week. I increased it to see if his school work improves....I found links to memory. His teacher said that last week was REALLY good. I need to look at the amounts again, to make sure it will not be too hard on his little system. The 250 is what I have used long term. I am only at about 200mg of the NAC and 250 of the GABA.

I hope it helps!

• 3 weeks later...