ACN Latitudes Forums

Question about baths

myrose

As you know I am starting the epsom salts, baking powder, and ginger baths tonight with my daughter.

My question may be stupid but I wonder if someone can tell me if I am to wash her with soap (we use all natural) before I take her out or should I do that before I put her in the bath (this would be akward)

I need to wash her obviously and wonder if after I open the pores with these baths....would putting soap on her clog them back up??

Same thing with the refined sunflower oil on the hair....when we find it anyhow.

Again sorry if this sounds foolish but my mind travels all around LOL

Just do not want to take 5 steps backwards if we are able to take 2 ahead!

Thanks Cheri for the reply. I guess now the bath we took lastnight didn't count then...for we soaped up afterward and took a shower!

We are due again on Wednesday and I will do it with the shower first. The ginger aroma was pleasant so she will smell good!

Thanks again OH! I did finally find the refined sunflower oil! YAH!!!

Cheri,

My doctor did finally get back to me on the question about baths I asked. I am confused because its opposite of what you replied.

She said to rinse off after the bath. (kinda cool water, not cold of course)

She said that any toxins you pull out will be in the bath water and you want to rinse this off. Rinsing with the cool water she said will also close the pores. So now I am really confused...

She said even with just an epsom salts bath to relax...it will pull out toxins if you have them and you shouldn't leave them on your body.

We will do bath number 3 on Monday.....not sure how I will go about it now??? For both of you make sense

Okay here is my conclusion (or what I am going to do anyhow) what do you think Cheri?

I am going to first wash her in a shower. Then I will soak her in her bath and after the bath I will JUST rinse (no soap) with water before I take her out. Now though I am thinking about her hair??? She is 6 years old so of course while taking a bath she plays and lays backwards like a backfloat....her hair is then in the water! I will have to find a way I guess to just get her to sit and soak. This will be challenging! We do everything you can imagine for her to soak for the 20 minutes as it is!!!!!!

Lurker...I did find the oil on line at clarksnutrition....Thanks for thinking of me though! Refined sunflower oil proved hard to get my hands on it!!!!

Cheri talks about making a magnesium lotion with your favorite moisturizer. I like that idea better than putting the salt in the tub. (Less waste). You could bath her then put the lotion with the magnesium on her afterwards. We put magnesium in our son's juice in the morning and also with a lotion at night.

Just my two cents.

Caryn thanks for the reply. We are actually using these baths to detox her heavy metal load (her tics are still gone)

The baths consists of epsom salts along with baking powder and ginger. (Sunflower oil on the head)

We did though use the mag cream you are speaking of when we were trying to alleviate her tics.

Cheri talks about making a magnesium lotion with your favorite moisturizer. I like that idea better than putting the salt in the tub. (Less waste). You could bath her then put the lotion with the magnesium on her afterwards. We put magnesium in our son's juice in the morning and also with a lotion at night.

Just my two cents.

Just my two cents.

This seems like a brilliant idea. So u just get regular all natural lotion and add epsom salt to it? Or how would you go about making it and how much? Also I have a bunch of magnesium pills with b-6 could I just empty those capsules into the lotion? Anything else healthy I could add? Get back at me thanks.