ACN Latitudes Forums

Milk Cravings

Guest Sara

My child has milk cravings. I heard that it might mean they have an allergy to milk. So I removed milk from my child's diet and the milk cravings went away. Does anyone know why this would be? Is this a sign that she is allergic to it?

Guest Guest_efgh

Sara

That is true. I just read Dr Mercola's newsletter wherein its mentioned that mostly the child craves for the item she is allergic to. www.mercola.com

Did you notice her tics reducing after you removed milk? How old is she and when was she diagnosed?

A food allergy test will give you a lot of tips on her allergies.

The magnetic mattress I heard from some people is really good. do let me know if you get more info on that.

Cravings can indicate allergy--that was my clue to identifying my son's allergy to wheat.

However, I personally think it is appropriate to do some testing (RAST or other) to make sure. I would hate to think of taking something away permanently without being sure. Of course you can always remove it, then reintroduce it to see what happens.

Claire

Yes, her tic did reduced after I removed the milk. My daughter is 8 years old and she was diagnosed at age 5. I'm going to look into having a food allergy test done for her. Does any doctor do allergy testing? Yes, I'll let you know if I get any more info on the magnetic mattress. I've found places on the internet that sale them, but I'm hoping someone will come on here that has had success with one and could tell me where they got it from.

Guest Guest_efgh

Sara, I think elimination diet is the best way to find out if she is allergic to that. since when did you stop milk and did you notice that the tics reduced continuously from then? If so, that is a GREAT clue for you to not give her milk. Is your daughter basically allergy prone?

yeah, I have heard of magnetic mattress helping tics too.

I stopped the milk about a month ago. The amount of tics my daughter has decreased since I stopped milk. They've stopped decreasing and are quite a bit less than what they were when she was drinking milk. I am giving her a calcium supplement. I'm giving her 600 mg a day spread throughout the day. Someone I talked to suggested more. How much calcium would anyone here suggest a day? I want to give her enough, but not too much for her. So if anyone has any suggestions could you please let me know on that.

She also craves chocolate and cheese. When I stopped the milk I also stopped these too. Her cravings for these went away too. She is a very picky eater so its hard to find foods that she likes, but she does like a lot of meats so that is easier. Other than that I don't know of anything else that she might be allergic to.