ACN Latitudes Forums

New, need some advice!

Char

JCSSMOM,

OOPs sorry, My computer was acting up. I posted twice oops. Anyways, I'm in the same boat as you, trying to figure out my sons bowel problem. I took my son to the doctor and asked him why his bowels were so big. His response was he's conspitated and just to wait it out and add more fiber. So if you find anything that will help, will you post and let me know. Did the diet changes help your son to decrease his tics?

Are you kidding? We saw our little boy come back to us! He is slowly ( over 9mos) having a few small tics slip back but I know it is because I've never taken him to get a detailed allergy test. And I've recently read here, actually, about the dry blood test. WOW! If you haven't read it..it's worth your while! I want him to get one too. I will know how to structure his supplements then.

In fact, his teacher thought this whole thing was all in our heads. She really believed that he was doing it all for attention and all. I gave a lot of grace and patience to her because if you knew my son, you would see how out going he is. He likes attention! But when it was pushing his friends away and he was being shunned basically, it just didn't fit the picture. He does everything he can to be around everyone. Loneliness is his nightmare. Anyways........back to what I was saying. His teacher came right up to me with the biggest smile and said," I don't know what you're doing, but it is working!" That was all the proof I needed. The bowel thing still bothers me mostly because he's just so big now. He is having a few times a week now of not wetting the bed, so I'm hopeful he's growing out of it. Good Luck to the both of us-huh? :wacko:

JSCCMOM,

Regarding your child's bowel problems, perhaps you are aware of a condition called "encopresis"? Has the doctor ever mentioned that? It does have something to do with consitpation at times, however it is also an anatomical problem where a child cannot hold it in and it slips out without effort. You could read about it here:

http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/welcome/con...encopresis.html

A child (female) friend of ours had this a couple years back (she's 9 now) I am watching her today, so I will ask the mother what the treatment was if you are interested.

Also, what did you mean by "it was pushing his friends away"? what was, the behavior, tics? What type diet did you use to help? Any supplementation? How old is he?

Thanks

Faith

• 6 months later...

Faith,

I think my son is having encopresis now. He soils his underpants daily and makes such a mess and he smells. He is 7. Do you know anything about treatments? Thanks.

Michele

JSCCMOM,

Regarding your child's bowel problems, perhaps you are aware of a condition called "encopresis"? Has the doctor ever mentioned that? It does have something to do with consitpation at times, however it is also an anatomical problem where a child cannot hold it in and it slips out without effort. You could read about it here:

http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/welcome/con...encopresis.html

A child (female) friend of ours had this a couple years back (she's 9 now) I am watching her today, so I will ask the mother what the treatment was if you are interested.

Also, what did you mean by "it was pushing his friends away"? what was, the behavior, tics? What type diet did you use to help? Any supplementation? How old is he?

Thanks

Faith

Hi Char! We did the elimination diet and uncovered he had salicylate sensitivities (natural preservatives in some fruits and nuts), dairy sensitivities and reactions to too much sugar. Recently we put him on Children's Love My Brain DMG Plus from Desert Wellness Inc. and it has really made a difference.

Food eliminations take a couple of weeks but it's so worth doing it just to know the triggers! Good Luck, you are not alone!!

Hi Michele,

I don't know offhand what the treatment would be, but I will ask my friend next time we talk. I recall she was having this problem a couple years back, and I think she had to constantly remind her daughter to use the bathroom if she felt necessary. She is now 10 and apparently had a little accident while here for Easter because she was playing and did not pay attention to her nature call. altho, I don't know if the accident was #1 or 2, I didn't ask, I guess I assumed it was pee. but now I wonder. I'll get back to you. Maybe you can find some info on the web too.

regards

Faith