ACN Latitudes Forums

What test so DAN doctors do, can his regular Ped do this

_Jennifer_

My son is having a terrible time, he was diagnosed with panadas (by a private pediatrician/Psychiatrist) just to have his neurologist hold my hand and tell me my son does not have this, He told me its just TS and aspergers not panadas, so now I want to look at food allergies, I need to know where to go, should I have his regular doctor send him to an allergist or do I need to take him to a DAN doctor, what test will a DAN doctor order? If I had a list of needed test maybe his regular doctor can order them, I have spent over 1,000$ a month on my sons treatments with no success, He was finally approved for state aid. I am finding it pays for everything so far, maybe allergy tests would be covered as well. He only eats food high in gluten and loves milk. Can anyone lead me in the right direction, I would like to have these test done here in KY so they are paid for, than I could take the results to a DAN doctor to hear what they have to say. There is a DAN doctor in IN but not one in KY. Where so I get a list of DAN doctor test?

• 2 months later...
My son is having a terrible time, he was diagnosed with panadas (by a private pediatrician/Psychiatrist) just to have his neurologist hold my hand and tell me my son does not have this, He told me its just TS and aspergers not panadas, so now I want to look at food allergies, I need to know where to go, should I have his regular doctor send him to an allergist or do I need to take him to a DAN doctor, what test will a DAN doctor order? If I had a list of needed test maybe his regular doctor can order them, I have spent over 1,000$ a month on my sons treatments with no success, He was finally approved for state aid. I am finding it pays for everything so far, maybe allergy tests would be covered as well. He only eats food high in gluten and loves milk. Can anyone lead me in the right direction, I would like to have these test done here in KY so they are paid for, than I could take the results to a DAN doctor to hear what they have to say. There is a DAN doctor in IN but not one in KY. Where so I get a list of DAN doctor test?

Hi I see that no one has repsonded. I am in the process of seeing if my child has Pandas. I came across your post here and I think that either way you should see a DAN doctor. They have the ability to run metobolic tests OAT tests as well as allergy tests and things like that. It will tell you levels of metals in his body what hes lacking and also allergic to. The fact that he has aspergers and eats gluten is not good from what I read. They put kids on Gluten Free Casin Free diets. They're bodies don't digest them and can affect their moods and a lot of other things. I would look into that. They say that kids will typically be addicted to the things that are harming them or not right for their body, so definately check that out. My pediatrician said he didn't what tests to run etc.. and set me up with a neurologist. We have an appt tomorrow. I know you posted this a while ago, so I hope you've been able to get some help since. But I think your best best is definately a DAN doctor.

good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Jennifer,

I would be interested in hearing an update on your son. Have you persued anything else concerning the PANDAS connection? Just reading your backposts, it does sound like you have ample reason to persue this with some treatment. Did the pediatrition who diagnosed PANDAS offer any treatment or suggestions for treatment?

Faith

Jennifer,

I would be interested in hearing an update on your son. Have you persued anything else concerning the PANDAS connection? Just reading your backposts, it does sound like you have ample reason to persue this with some treatment. Did the pediatrition who diagnosed PANDAS offer any treatment or suggestions for treatment?

Faith

Hi Im in exactly the same situatio my son is 14 TS ASD(aspergers) I was told it could be pandas started seeing a dr went on antibiotics switched meds I am so stressed out He is in such a bad place right now emotionally Im not sure if its meds or not meds or puberty His face is so broken out he got aggressive at school hes suspended OMG whats next Anyone have any suggestions PLEASE HELP !!

If you go to the Autism Research Institute webpage there is a spot to click for finding a clinician...there are DAN Dr's and naturopths Dr. the only draw back with the ND's is they can't prescribe certain medications but they can be very helpful too.

I wasn't sure what I was getting into when I started all this but now I realize these are the BEST Dr's ever! They try to find the root of the problem verses medicating the symptoms..THey are very $$$ but very well worth it!

DAN Dr's will want to do lots of tests to find out what is wrong...their tests are much thorough than any your traditional Dr will do(and give you the real results). Sarah

• 8 months later...
Guest PatJewett

I have heard wonderful things about DAN doctors. I actually know one personally. His son HAD Autism. He treated him with DAN techniques and now he is off the Autism spectrum on ALL tests. Check them out. It works.

Both of my boys see a DAN doctor and there has been a remarkable turnaround with both of them.

Also, In my opinion you should pursue the PANDAS diagnosis. If your child has pandas, getting it under control could change his/your life! My son has pandas and we can't function without an antibiotic...

Check out the pandas board on this site...tell your story and see what the feedback is.

Stephanie

http://thelight-stephanie.blogspot.com

I have heard wonderful things about DAN doctors. I actually know one personally. His son HAD Autism. He treated him with DAN techniques and now he is off the Autism spectrum on ALL tests. Check them out. It works.