ACN Latitudes Forums

LOUD talking?

myrose

Just curious if anyones child is a really loud talker? My daughter always talked LOUDLY and still does. I always thought it was the italian side of her (her dad LOL) He is always LOUD when talking! Her hearing test at birth was fine but I am thinking I should have another just to rule out anything.

Anyone else have a loud talker?

Thanks for your replies everyone....although not everyone has responded yet...it seems likely to be a symptom that alot share.

Any ideas on why or what it means??? Links to Pandas? Tourettes? Tics?? Maybe a sensory issue.

I think I am going to get a hearing test for sure now.

Hopefully Buster/EAMom will chime in on their thoughts. I have wondered about this for so long but it always slips my thoughts when I am on here....Interesting......

Hi Myrose... ^_^

No great insights from me! My PANDAS dd isn't a loud talker...although she did scream and yell at us a lot when her PANDAS was active!

Our non-PANDAS dd (5-year-old) is sensitive to sounds...hates when everybody sings "Happy Birthday" loudly etc....perhaps a sensory defensiveness thing?

Both girls have had mild/mod sensory issues (socks etc.). Also, PANDAS dd's sensory defensiveness did get *much much* worse when her PANDAS was active.

My son can be very loud because his voice seems to carry. He gets dramatic and screams at us too. (Maybe it is the Italian in him too!)Although he also has sensory issues and certain sounds bother him especially if he is trying to talk and there is multiple sounds going on and he wants to be heard.

Just curious if anyones child is a really loud talker? My daughter always talked LOUDLY and still does. I always thought it was the italian side of her (her dad LOL) He is always LOUD when talking! Her hearing test at birth was fine but I am thinking I should have another just to rule out anything.

Anyone else have a loud talker?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As a matter of fact, my son has always been sort of loud whereas if we were hanging out on the street with other parents, we'd always have to say "stop yelling", (and other parents would say it to him too as they noticed he'd kind of shout when he talking sometime, and it would kind of internally upset me that another parent would say something to my child, I hate that, but I keep it to myself :angry: ). Now my mother is in her eighties and definitely doesn't hear that great, but even she would say (in her italian accent) "xxx, stoppa yolling!" Kind of funny, but I do believe now that he is 9 he doesn't do that much anymore, although he does laugh heartily and loud when he finds something funny, but I'd say it was like up to about 6 or 7 he was like that. I remember one time on an airplane when he was about 3 or 4, the poor guy in front of us was like "he's got some set of lungs!" as he politely informed us he was recovering from a hangover. ;)

My reasoning was the sensory issue. Some might think its because they don't hear good, so they talk louder so as to hear themselves (like the elderly). But actually, it is the opposite. My son's hearing is SUPER sharp, he can hear me humming almost inaudible to myself from another room or whispering to his father (and tells me to stop because it bothers him--another clue). The reasoning is that they hear everything else sharp and loud around them, so in turn they are louder too to be heard over the sounds that they hear. In other words their hearing is acute, so they have to talk and yell and laugh over those sounds. That may be also why some sounds (like singing the happy birthyday) annoys them, because it is louder than we hear it.

At one point I believe he did it for about two weeks (talking extra loud) where I believe it was actually a tic of some kind, or a reaction to something. We were constantly having to say "stop yelling". But he did kind of outgrow that, although he is a spirited child, so when he's with his friends, there is alot of hoopla.

Faith