ACN Latitudes Forums

Headaches

We'll see. The dr is supposed to call me tomorrow so I can request a referral. I am hopeful she can recommend someone who will take this seriously. He is currently on Amoxacillin for a positive strep and his brothers are on Omnicef awaiting results of strep test. I'll look into the azythromicin. Natterbus

We'll see. The dr is supposed to call me tomorrow so I can request a referral. I am hopeful she can recommend someone who will take this seriously. He is currently on Amoxacillin for a positive strep and his brothers are on Omnicef awaiting results of strep test. I'll look into the azythromicin. Natterbus

My kids have always complained of headache and stomach ache when they had strep. In fact my second son who isn't "officially" PANDAS but does show some tendencies has frequent headaches even when he isn't sick. Many children who have acute strep illness will also complain of headache and stomache ache. So that is very interesting that many of our PAMDAS kids have that as a long term complaint. Hmmmmm....

Dedee

• 2 weeks later...
My son very frequently complains of headaches. I was wondering if other PANDAS kids experience this. Is it OCD or does he really feel pain? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to alleviate it without offering Tylenol every day?

Thanks.

I am 32 and have tourettes (possibly PANDAS related). I have sufferred from headaches my whole life starting at a young age (elementary). I am not sure if it is related to the ts considering 50% of people suffer with some form of headaches. I can remember having them chronically in junior high school and college; perhaps stress related. I actually feel like I am going through a bout right now. I have been getting them every day at the same time for over a month. They have never been horrible-more tension-like rather than migraines and ibuprofen helps. I think it's important to rule out anything serious. If doctor says it is safe to give medicine frequently for them (I think ibuprofin helps much better) than I would because dealing with a headache on top of everything else is a pain (no pun intended). I have researched that 5% of the general population gets chronic headaches and that sometimes they just have to run their course. Considering all that can be involved with tics/tourettes/OCD related issues, it's amazing that more don't complain about headaches!