ACN Latitudes Forums

For TomsMom

lurker

I've been seeing commercials lately for a product that is an allergen block. It uses computer graphics to show a shield protecting a nose from airborne allergens. Chloraceptic makes it for adults; Little Noses markets the pediatric version. I looked at it briefly on the net. NO DRUGS involved. The premise is that the gel is negatively charged; allergens are positively charged. So it "traps" them before they enter the nasal passages. (Think invisable flypaper for pollen!)

My son gets nasal inflammation this time of year. I'm going to give it a try. I'll report back later, but I thought you might like to try too.

Tami

Thanks for the info Tami! The funny thing is my son rarely gets stuffy anymore. I don't know if it is due to the diet -especially eliminating dairy which I hear can cause congestion in lots of kids. I'm not sure if he is outgrowing the croup, coughing and stuffy nose symptoms or if the diet has helped him with his allergy symptoms. This time of year is when he would usually get sick. But... as I mentioned a while back his tics started creeping back in about 5 weeks ago. Lately he has added a few more tics although they are mild and I am trying not to worry. His diet hasn't changed, so that's why I wonder if it could be seasonal allergies. But my question would be "could he be ticcing from seasonal allergies while not having any other obvious symptoms like the coughing, stuffiness, etc.? Anyway, the Little Noses product does look very promising, so please let me know how it works. I wonder if it is something I should try even though he isn't stuffy?

Mary

Mary,

My son has NO nasal symptoms except inflammation, and that I wouldn't have known about except for the pediatrician mentioning it. (BTW, you can see it with a flashlight.) He has never had stuffy/runny noses/coughing except as part of a cold, no sinus infections or issues. She suggested we do the hepa in his room/vaccuum his room daily/encase mattress and pillows. She thought it was most likely dustmites or trees.

Tami

Pat,

He hasn't had croup in quite a while, but what I usually did was take him in the bathroom, run the shower with hot water and have him sit in there for 10-15 minutes and inhale the mist. If that didn't totally relieve it I would take him outside if the air was cool and that would usually do it. Lots of fluids and homeopathic cough medicine sometimes. Before the tics started I did use albuteral a few times, but I don't think he absolutely needed it- the shower seemed to work just as well, so I have avoided using it since.

Mary

Tami,

I saw the commercial today! I'm wondering if it might help. I looked in my sons nose - didn't see any inflamation. He did ask for the Simply Saline today though -said he was feeling a little stuffy. We have a hepa filter in his room and use the pillow encasing too.

Mary