ACN Latitudes Forums

Exposure to toxins & immune system dysfunction

Hello, After we started on this PANDAS journey I took my son to a DAN! Dr who checked his UTM urine toxic metals and he showed high amounts of arsenic & lead. I knew that a cause of immune dysfunction was toxins but I wasn't and still not sure what happened first? Did the immune system go haywire and cause my son to stop excreting toxins or was it the other way around? Anyway we have been doing IV chelation and every week they check him and he is full of lead!!

SO last night my husband wondered if my son playing with action figures(power rangers) in the bath tub could could some how be causing this? Aren't those toys full of lead? and he sits and plays with them in the tub so he could be absorbing it? Do you think this is crazy? Has anyone ever heard of this?

We also put in epsom salts everytime he bathes...and he likes to take a bath every day...

Thanks, Sarah

Wow Sarah!

Do you know what your son's blood lead level was? Can you test the action figures. Lead is in lots of things you wouldn't expect...hoses, electric cords, some old sinks/bathtubs, old paint of course...

There is more lead in the environment (soil etc) in certain parts of the country (lead belt).

Has your son had any supplements/herbs that might have been tainted? I know "lil critters vitamins were tested to have lead at one point. Also, some Calcium supplements, herbs from India, candy from Mexico.

Do you have any dinnerware that might have lead? The still sell stuff with lead, but they post those warning labels (yellow trianges, I've seen them at Macy's etc.).

There's a book called the toxic sandbox that I thought was pretty good re evironmental toxins including lead. http://www.amazon.com/Toxic-Sandbox-Enviro...s/dp/039953363X

Thanks for the info..

On his last UTM test his lead was elevated..which is better than highly elevated but still that means there's alot in him!

We are chelating once a week and then testing to see what's coming out.

As a parent I am always wondering where he's getting this stuff and why isn't his body getting rid of it..but I know if his immune system is not working properly he will not dump it.

Our dinner ware is ceramic and says microwave safe? I got rid of all the cheap plastic stuff from China a long time ago.

Also we never microwave in any sort of plastic. THe only plastic dishware I have is tupperware and I wonder if I need to look into that? My DANs also recommends no teflon cooking which is really hard to do!

He eats mostly organic & no tap water.....

You guys are life-savers!! Sarah

Sarah,

I have read that Home Depot has a lead testing kit. I also read a story not long ago about dishes from Target. The white part tested lead free but some of the colored paint tested positive on the same plate. I also won't use a crock pot any more as some of those (ceramic) test positive. One of my crock pots is probably 20 years old. I don't feel any better about ceramic than teflon anymore.

Sarah,

This link has lots of great info. on lead in ceramic tableware http://www.cchealth.org/topics/lead_poison/pdf/ceramics.pdf

I'm haven't heard of lead in plastic stuff but there are other things in plastic to be concerned about. Certain # plastics are worse. I know 7 is a bad one. "The toxic sandbox" book talks about plastics as well.

Hello, After we started on this PANDAS journey I took my son to a DAN! Dr who checked his UTM urine toxic metals and he showed high amounts of arsenic & lead. I knew that a cause of immune dysfunction was toxins but I wasn't and still not sure what happened first? Did the immune system go haywire and cause my son to stop excreting toxins or was it the other way around? Anyway we have been doing IV chelation and every week they check him and he is full of lead!!

SO last night my husband wondered if my son playing with action figures(power rangers) in the bath tub could could some how be causing this? Aren't those toys full of lead? and he sits and plays with them in the tub so he could be absorbing it? Do you think this is crazy? Has anyone ever heard of this?

We also put in epsom salts everytime he bathes...and he likes to take a bath every day...

Thanks, Sarah

you know, my daughter has a high lead level too, and I've often wondered about the daily baths with the rubber duckies which supposedly were chock full of lead from China.