ACN Latitudes Forums

O.C.D need urgent help please!

ok, I am sixteen and have had O.C.D for my entire life.

it was going away but i seem to have had a relapse.

i also have M.E because of the O.C.D and the stress i have put my body under so am in contstant pain now as well, i cant afford to be worrying about this obsession for a moment longer, i have college later on this morning and need to concentrate and not be in another one of my bubbles.

I have unwanted sexual thoughts when i have sex, how can i get rid of them?

and also i have unwanted sexual images about my mum which disgust me. but O.C.D is telling me that if i DID want to (which i dont) but if i did want to have these sexual images about my mum in a sexual fantasy then i could and get feelings from them.

i found sumthing on the internet about the fact that ur brain takes any sexual thought, good or bad and ur body reacts to it wether you want it to or not, but i still feel guilt and disgust at the fact that if i wanted to i could imagine those things and get sexual feelings, i know the reason why now but i still feel like a disgrace. my mum still insists that its the OCD thats tricking me into thinking that if i wanted to then i could have that sexual fantasy, but i still think its me.

anyone had similar?

please help.

i tried to explain to my mum but she said it was like i was speaking in riddles or sumthing...the O.C.D has gotten into my head.

Hi

so sorry to hear of the suffering you are going through with OCD

we have a list of resources pinned here

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1963

I would highly recommend the PsychCentral site and especially the forums as they have live chats with psychologists and also many caring members going through similar things that will be able to share coping tips with you and offer support

seeing a good therapist to help you work through this may also be a good place to start.

there are natural supplements as well as medications that many people find helpful too

Hello and welcome,

I just wanted to reassure you that the whole reason for your distressing thoughts is because OCD thoughts tend to revolve around someone we love. In this case your mom. It so disgusts us the thoughts that are present in our heads that it is driven by the FEAR to not want to think of them anymore. The more fear that is present the more it drives the thoughts. It is not from any desire but again it is all based on FEAR. I know this because I have lived this for many years of my life. I wanted to attach a couple of links I did to some various people regarding this exact thing. So I really hope this helps.

Here is a post I did to a person calling herself "Justme". She had a lot of unwanted sexual thoughts. Here is my reply http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?...art=#entry18506 and this one

Here is a post I did to a woman who called herself "Desperate". I explained to her in this link what I have found so helpful in my life http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2623 .

One thing that has helped many, many people with OCD is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). If you have health insurance, you can have your mom check to see who in your area does this. I know on my health insurance website it allows me to do a search by Counselors who do Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

The main thing I would do is try to ask you mom to read about OCD and try to get an understanding of what you are dealing with. Information is always very, very helpful.

There are many of us on this sight who have found a lot of great answers. So your mom is always more then welcome to post on this website and we can try to explain to her as well what is going on.

God bless you and again hang in there.

Carolyn