ACN Latitudes Forums

BUSTER>>>>

Perhaps the stuffy nose is just strep hiding out in the sinuses?

Maybe these stuffy nose PANDAS kids just have a low grade strep sinus infection-->stuffy nose + PANDAS symptoms.

Strep doesn't necessarily have to be in the throat to cause PANDAS.

So interesting that you mention this. Last I spoke to my neuro, I asked many questions. One was - why haven't his cultures been positive recently if he has had tic and OCD symptoms and his titers are so high? His answer was that strep could be hiding out elsewhere, perhaps in his adnoids rather than his tonsils. I know there are other reasons why his culture can be negative as well, but it was an interesting response.

Perhaps the stuffy nose is just strep hiding out in the sinuses?

Maybe these stuffy nose PANDAS kids just have a low grade strep sinus infection-->stuffy nose + PANDAS symptoms.

Strep doesn't necessarily have to be in the throat to cause PANDAS.

So interesting that you mention this. Last I spoke to my neuro, I asked many questions. One was - why haven't his cultures been positive recently if he has had tic and OCD symptoms and his titers are so high? His answer was that strep could be hiding out elsewhere, perhaps in his adnoids rather than his tonsils. I know there are other reasons why his culture can be negative as well, but it was an interesting response.