ACN Latitudes Forums

This new discussion!

if it is felt that a "sticky" thread here would be helpful like the "essential threads" on the TS/tics board just let me know and we can arrange that :wacko:

Hi Chemar,

I had originally intended the "PANDAS research for your doubting doctor" and the "a little bit about ASO titers" to be a form of PANDAS and GABHS summary that I wish I had found several months ago. I'd sure like to see (and would be happy to contribute) to an essential thread that has references to the key papers (and their findings). The discussions are excellent but I also think some reference material or a FAQ would be great.

Is there a way to put out a post, collect discussion and then nominate the post to the sticky state if it proves useful to enough folks? Every day I'm running across more material and would dearly love to share interesting papers I've run across with others who are also struggling with this wacky disease.

Best regards,

Buster

Hi Buster

the purpose of an Essential Threads sticky here would be to link to threads on this forum that members feel contain valuable and relevant info, rather than to use the sticky just to link to outside material.

Referencing research articles etc in your posts is fine, but the problem with having a sticky just for those external links is that not all research always agrees with other research, and there is much ongoing as the whole area of PANDAS research is vibrant and in a continuous state of flux, so we dont want the appearance of "endorsing" any work over others, which is what the perception may be were we to directly link only certain research work in a sticky thread.

so, for example, linking to your other composite threads is fine, as would be if you create a thread titled "Buster's Selection of Research Articles" or something like that and then list all the research you feel relevant there, and then link to your thread in the pinned one

as this forum is new and will evolve over time, all things are open for consideration :)

if it is felt that a "sticky" thread here would be helpful like the "essential threads" on the TS/tics board just let me know and we can arrange that :)

Hi Chemar,

I had originally intended the "PANDAS research for your doubting doctor" and the "a little bit about ASO titers" to be a form of PANDAS and GABHS summary that I wish I had found several months ago. I'd sure like to see (and would be happy to contribute) to an essential thread that has references to the key papers (and their findings). The discussions are excellent but I also think some reference material or a FAQ would be great.

Is there a way to put out a post, collect discussion and then nominate the post to the sticky state if it proves useful to enough folks? Every day I'm running across more material and would dearly love to share interesting papers I've run across with others who are also struggling with this wacky disease.

Best regards,

Buster