ACN Latitudes Forums

Hi

• 4 months later...
:angry: Hi I'm a new member I hate the intrusive thoughts that OCD generates! I hate the urges! What do you do about them? I'm at my wit's end!

IHaveOCD

Hi IHaveOCD,

well, you're already on your way to sorting out the OCD by aknowledging it and posting here, so i'm guessing that you've been reading up about OCD, go through the posts, it hyelps to read about other peoples successes and hardships to put your experiences into perspect and know that there people who really do understand - then you need to see a therapist (if your OCD is diagnosed as really severe then the therapist might recommend a psychiatrist and medication) - thereafter its just a question of commitment to treatment and constant awareness. We are really lucky that we live in a time when treatment and awareness has reached a point where there is actually help for OCD sufferers. Its hard work to beat OCD but overcoming OCD is a reality. Goodluck to you!

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Just a few things I thought of when I saw your post. Chemar, who heads up this forum, dealt with OCD on a very high level with her son. Her son also has tourettes so she created a treatment plan for both the OCD and the Tourettes. Here is the post she created for the treatments that greatly helped her son for both of these issues http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=687 .

I have had OCD myself since I was a child. Here is a post of things I have done to help my situation. After you read the initial post by a person calling herself Desperate you will see my response to her http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2623 .

Some other things to consider that may help you is to start looking at it from a biological angle is you can research the link between candida and OCD. Candida is an overgrowth of yeast in the intestinal system. Believe it or not because of the link between the gut and the brain, think about how alcohol effects the brain and it is in the gut, the candida can cause problems with neurotransmitters getting distributed correctly. There are lots of posts on this forum regarding candida. Chemar used a product called "Candida Clear by Now" to help her son's candida. I have used it for myself and it certainly does help get rid of candida very effectively.

My son, Daniel who is 7, is on a product called GABA. Daniel has tourettes and started showing signs of OCD type of thoughts. The GABA has really helped him. A lot of people find Inositol very effective. You can read about that on this forum too if you do a search.

Many people are low in magnesium and magnesium is just crucial to a body running effectively. I have used magnesium taurate for my son. It has really helped his tics out and it also helped him stop grinding his teeth at night.

Another thing to look into is something called PANDAs. Some people will experience a quick on set of OCD and a lot of times it is related to PANDAs. This has to do with the strep virus and how a persons brain has been effected by it. Once the strep is treated a lot of times the OCD goes away. You can also read a lot about PANDAs on this forum.

Certainly biological factors contribute to OCD. But there is no way of saying it any other way, once I truly grasped on to God's grace and His love for me so much of these "toxic" type of thoughts just went away. I cannot explain it in human terms but I can absolutely tell you 100% Christ changed my life. I talk about that in the above post.

I hope this helped and I will be praying for you.

Carolyn