ACN Latitudes Forums

shots

bmom

I just got a letter from my daughters preschool that they are going to kick her out if she doesn't get current on her shots. Can you please tell me if there is a way around a preschool and if you believe that your childs tics began from a shot, which shot? Could you tell me what shot it was that you think began it all? Was it multiple in one day or just a single?

Our current pediatrician will NOT give my daughter anymore shots. She believes that my daughters last vaccinations (9 in one day)

brought her tics out. She felt she may have had a pre-disposition for them. Her tics started shortly after the shots that day.

If I could go back to that one day, I would. And I would obviously NEVER allow that many vaccines in one day!!!!!!

If only I was informed back then...if only I knew what I was letting them do to her. It almost makes me sick when I think about it.

You can get around them with the exemp form. If not FIND another school if you are concerned. PLEASE don't do it if you are uncomfortable with it.

Good luck

My son had his Thirteen month shot DTaP 2-5-03. I even rcorded the vaccine lot Aventis C1245AA and varicella which is a live virus 2-5-03 lot # 0758 Merck. Within a week he had a reaction. Then he had another bad reaction to his five year old boosters and a flu shot. He had neurological signs. I did notice the chicken pox was given again at five again and the MMR and Polio and DTap again also. I think if they already have a genetic predisposition the shots can just put them over the edge. My son got the strep and PANDAS reaction to the strep about one week after getting the shots at thirteen months. I continued to give shots never putting the two together until the five year old shots and he had a similar reaction. I know in Ohio you have a right to refuse shots based on personal or religious belief. Now my twenty month old has had some immunizations but only one shot at a time and no live viruses yet. I am so worried she could have a similar reaction. The ped has been patient with me because of my son's experience. However she is trying to get me to move ahead with the shots because we are behind schedule. My baby is not talking much just a few words, has had a few high fevers with illness, and seems to have some low tone issues with her feet toeing inward and possibly her tongue because of limited speech. I just can't stand to think she may have the neurological predisposition also and I don't want to overload her system. I feel like having a child with TS/PANDAS has made me watch her so much closer, and worry so much more. My other kids including my son talked a lot by twenty months.

Michele

I just got a letter from my daughters preschool that they are going to kick her out if she doesn't get current on her shots. Can you please tell me if there is a way around a preschool and if you believe that your childs tics began from a shot, which shot? Could you tell me what shot it was that you think began it all? Was it multiple in one day or just a single?

I'm also really interested in this question. In addition to preschools, can you please share your experience about getting an exemption for day-care. Was it difficult? Was the day-care accepting? I'm sure my day-care is just going to love me next fall because of the shots, using cloth diapers, and organic food.

Carolyn