ACN Latitudes Forums
QsMom

Homeopathic Remedies for Strep?

I wanted to see if anyone has used any homeopathic remedies for strep - specifically Pleosan strep, pleosan pseu, pleosan not, and/or pleo san com.

After a very quiet time, my son has had two outbreaks of tics, one in June and one this month. Through musle testing, she feels that strep is my son's #1 issues and possibly PANDAS. She wants to treat my son with Pleosan strep, pleosan pseu, pleosan not combo for 6 weeks 2xs a day then and/or pleo san com for one year.

Has anyone used this method successfully?

As a brief history, my son first started ticcing in April 2007. After implementing GFCF/Feingold, magnesium supp, and a few other things .. his tics stopped in Sept. 2007. We had minor tics here and there in that winter and then in June had an out break, which dimished then another outbreak in September.

Suggestions? Experience with the homeopathic remedies listed above?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Q's Mom

I've read a lot of homeopathic sites that say things like "I cured strep throat in 10 minutes with colloidal silver!!!"

I've used it for a variety of illnesses and never noticed any effect.

I don't know about the stuff you mentioned.

I think it would be a good idea to treat strep with homeopathic remedy as long as the practitioner is qualified and experienced. My son has a NP and he has been taking Unda #s, a combination homeopathic remedy and seem to get good results. I know the classical homeopath would frown upon using a combination remedy but it has helped my son. However, i am considering a classical homeopath for my son down the line.

Please keep me posted as i am very interested in using homeopathic remedy for ailments, esp tics, TS, PANDA...

pat

Pat/Guy -

Thanks so much for your responses. It seems like trying this can not hurt, but at the same time it makes me nervous that no one else has heard of these remedies or tried them. I know that there are many smart parents on this board that have used a variety of doctors. What I'm struggling with is that I can't find a lot of info about these rememdies or any evidence that they work and torn between trying this or trying to find a traditional dr who can rule in or out PANDAS from conventional blood/culture testing?

When my son first started exhibiting symptoms, I printed off PANDAS info and took it to our pediatrician (not the dr recomending the homepathic remedies for strep) and he questioned whether or not PANDAS even existed. He did do a rapid strep test, which came back negative.

So, any other feedback is appreciated. I'm stuck....

You can post or email me on ACN.

Thanks all!

Do you know what is the homeopathic remedy recommended for the very streps. What i know about homeopathy is that the disease name is not important to a homeopath. What is important are the symptoms of the disease.

Is your homeopath a classically trained Hahnemannian?

Pat

When my son first started exhibiting symptoms, I printed off PANDAS info and took it to our pediatrician (not the dr recomending the homepathic remedies for strep) and he questioned whether or not PANDAS even existed. He did do a rapid strep test, which came back negative.

For PANDAS I think I read on this site that you're supposed to do the 72 hour test if the rapid test comes back negative.

The AAP highly recommends that if the rapid strep is negative then the 72 hour culture should be done. My son's doctor refused and my son's strep went untreated.

Now we're playing the PANDAS game and it sucks. Because my son has PANDAS on top of autism.

I am very curious, did you (or anyone else) try Pleo San Strep for the treatment of PANDAS? Please respond. I would love to know the results! I am considering this for my son as well. Thanks so much!

Kristin

I wanted to see if anyone has used any homeopathic remedies for strep - specifically Pleosan strep, pleosan pseu, pleosan not, and/or pleo san com.

After a very quiet time, my son has had two outbreaks of tics, one in June and one this month. Through musle testing, she feels that strep is my son's #1 issues and possibly PANDAS. She wants to treat my son with Pleosan strep, pleosan pseu, pleosan not combo for 6 weeks 2xs a day then and/or pleo san com for one year.

Has anyone used this method successfully?

As a brief history, my son first started ticcing in April 2007. After implementing GFCF/Feingold, magnesium supp, and a few other things .. his tics stopped in Sept. 2007. We had minor tics here and there in that winter and then in June had an out break, which dimished then another outbreak in September.

Suggestions? Experience with the homeopathic remedies listed above?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Q's Mom

Max's Mom,

It has been some time since I've been on ACN so I'm glad I checked the site today. In response to your question, yes I did decide to treat my son with the protocal that my homeopath suggested. We finished the pleo san strep, pleosan pseu, pleosan not combo some time ago and are now on the pleo san comm. I have to say that my son's tics are extremely mild to non-existant to the point that I cancelled my every 2 month homeopath appt and pushed it out 3 more months.

In our last appt. her muscle testing said that his strep was gone. Now, with all that being said - we did NOT have a blood test which confirmed strep, only a muscle test. So, i'm still not 100% that he has/had PANDAS and while I was skeptical I went forward with the treatment.

What I can tell you is that his tics are not an issue now, his digestion is good and his immune system is working. He's hardly been sick (knock on wood) all winter. We went from missing weeks of school last year to him only missing 2 days the entire year so far. I'm not sure that the pleos were the silver bullet or if his immune system is just working better now- he eats an almost organic diet and we are GFCF/Feingold.

If you have more questions, email me on ACN and we can chat more. I'm curious how these work for you if you move forward.

Q's mom,

Could you tell me if the homeopathics worked for your son....I am also going to try Pleosannum products. Any input is appreciated. Thanks,

madhu.

My son tested positive for Pandas and Pitands end of March. We first gave him a homeopathic remedy for Strep and he really improved with tics. Although, I do not think it helped 100 %, he is now on antibiotics. Richard

I've been getting a lot of questions and private emails about the pleos so wanted to make another post about our experience. Hopefully it will be of help to someone.

In response to my homeopath determining via muscle test that my son had PANDAS, we used the Pleosan strep, pleosan pseu, pleosan not combo. We used this for about 8 weeks 2xs a day, 3 drops of each until she confirmed via muscle test that the strep was gone. We then have used pleo san com for about five months (4-5 drops, 2x a day).

At the same time, I also had a pediatrician run titer test which came back negative. In the two years my son has had tic issues, I've NEVER had a positive strep test. Unfortunately, when my son first started ticcing, my pediatrician only ran a rapid test. With that being said, after much consideration I decided to go ahead with the Pleo rememdies. Had I had a positive blood test, I may have gone a different direction with treatment.

My son also takes and fish oil, Cal-mag. From a dietary perspective: we are GFCF, Feingold, organic where possible and limit corn. My son takes epsom baths every other day and our house is as green as we can make it.

My son has had an overall really good year. His health is much improved. He hardly gets sick. His tics/OCD are generally light and are generally noticable only by me. Because of all of this, I've actually cancelled my last 2 homeopath appts. and he has not seen a dr since early December. With all of this being said, it is hard to say what has helped him the most. His body is definitely healing but I'm not sure whether the vitamins, the diet, the pleos or the clean lifestyle has been most beneficial.

If you've tried pleos, I hope you'll also post your 2 cents here. When we were making our decision as to whether to give this a try, I found very little info on ACN or even on the internet about them. It would be great for PANDAS parents to have some new options.

http://www.autismone.org/content/working-t...tial-homeopathy

So my Mom has me reading about homeopathy. I found this presentation which references PANDAS and strep specifically. If this really worked, it would be incredible. It's expensive, but in relation to IVIG it's not. Too bad there's not a guarantee :mellow: I see in this thread there have been some good things come of homeopathy. Any other thoughts?

I'm back to feeling hopeless tonight.

Susan