ACN Latitudes Forums

What just happened?

trubiano

Well, it may be a trigger for some with "regular" tics/tourettes ...however this child had PANDAS which can be a whole other ball of wax. Just as a child with non-pandas tics is unlikely to respond to IVIG or antibiotics, they will help someone with PANDAS...same/similar symptoms, but not the exact same underlying cause or effective treatments.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starbucks definitely sounds way more fun than a pill! :wub:

The only bad thing is that you'd also have lots of sugar in those yummy drinks. I personally think sugar is great, doesn't bother me or my kids (expect when dd had Pandas OCD...total fear of sugar!)..but I know it is an issue for some unfortunate folks.

Let us know how things work...if one or the other makes a difference. (By the way, my husband is voting for the ginseng.)

Hi Trubiano,

Glad you got a big clue!

Just a word of advice on the Starbucks... my 6 year old loved having sips of my frozen slushie frappicino things, and it finally occured to me to ask to see an ingredient list. I HAD been under the impression they were made like I would make it at home--espresso, sugar, milk, cream, ice--but no. It's actually a pretty artificial concoction, which I cannot remember the details of.

I'm so tired of disappointing ingredients lists!!