ACN Latitudes Forums

im sick of ocd,this is eating me insides

Faiz

hello,

im very sad,as a matter of fact even while registering for this website my ocd was flaring up,but im here today,because today was it,i think ive had the worst flare-up of my OCD in my entire life. i want to cry but am out of tears,ive been having this OCD since childhood,and i used to wonder as a kid what in the world is wrong with with me,you have no idea what repetitive stuff i have done... and all the hand washing,and going back and forth,counting all the freaking trees and lights,and trying to think of a calming idea to get rid of the distressing thoughts.

ive realized mostly when i think of certain people,i have to stop what im doing and restart it all over again,and over and over and over...LORD SAVE ME!!!

before it was people in my school,now its people from my family, and the weird part is,now the people from my school dont bother me in my thoughts,

im very tired of this,ive heard of medications,but dont want to take them coz of side effects. ive also noticed that these flare ups are getting worse since the past 2 months or so,since ive decided to take care of my life,by that i mean to get the most important things of the day done.... my last flare up was i think 1 or 2 years ago.

tired of all this repetition,i want to get rid of this feeling, please help.

Hello and welcome,

I just wanted to let you know I will be praying for you and also to let you know some things that might help you. I have had OCD since I was a child. Although the repetition part of it is not longer there for me, like the hand washing or checking doors, the obsessive thoughts still are. Here is a post I did to a woman who called herself "Desperate". I explained to her in this link what I have found so helpful in my life http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2623 .

Another thing you really should check into is something called PANDAS. A lot of times OCD can be brought on by this which has to do with the strep virus. The strep in some people can cause issues where this PANDAS situation comes about. There is all kinds of information on this site regarding PANDAS. Just simply go under the search mode and type it in and you will find a lot of information.

Another thing to consider is Candida. This is an overgrowth of yeast in the intestinal track. What happens is the yeast starts interfering ultimately with the neurotransmitters in the brain. Think about when a person drinks a lot of alcohol. What happens even though the alcohol is going into the intestinal track the alcohol effects the brain function. This is the same thing with Candida. Again do a search on this site and you will read all kinds of things. The forum leader, Chemar, has dealt with Candida with her own son who has OCD and Tourettes. I know she used a product called Candida Clear by Now with a lot of success. One of the main indications of Candida is a strong desire for sweets and carbs.

Here are some links Chemar did to help people understand the treatments she did for her son. Keep in mind that her son also has has tourettes but I think this will be very helpful to you http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?...aded&start= and also this one http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=687 .

One thing that has helped many, many people with OCD is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). If you have health insurance, you can check to see who in your area does this. You can find Christian counselor's that does the CBT. I know on my health insurance website it allows me to do a search by both Christian Counselor and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to find counselors.

Another thing that is a very big deal is keeping your diet free of Aspartame, MSG, and artificial food dyes. I have had to do this with my own son. My son has both tourettes and mild OCD. But I will tell you when he has these things in his system his anxieties certainly go way up. What happens is they are horrible on the nervous system when you intake them. Here is a link I did regarding MSG http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?...aded&start= . Here is a listing I did regarding the foods I have found I can feed Daniel http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2976 .

If you have food allergies or enviromental allergies, that can be contributing to the issue. For some it might be milk or wheat. Some find it helpful to do allergy testing to see if there is something they are supper sensitive too. What happens when you have an allergy going on it releases histamine in your body. This histamine effects your neurotransmitters as well.

My son is on a ton of different vitamins. He is doing soooo much better on these. But a lot of what has helped him has been magnesium, B vitamins, and Omega 3's. The magnesium that seems to help him the most is magesium taurate. There is a woman named Bonnie Grimaldi who developed a vitamin called Ts-Plus specifically to help people with tourettes and OCD too. Here is a link to her site http://www.bonniegr.com/ . But for my son I have discovered I needed to use a lot of other supplements and you can read what I have given him in this link (it is down a ways in the first posting) http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?...Carolyn\.N .

The main thing I want to get across to you is there are answers. There are soooooooooooooooooo many different things that can be done to help. This website is full of people that have searched for natural ways to help themselves and sharing there experiences of what worked and what has not been so helpful. It may take a lot of trial and error but do hang in there. I know this for certain that God has helped me beyond what I can ever explain and I know He can do the same for you.

I know I gave you a lot of information but these are the places to start on the journey of understanding as to what you can do for yourself. I also wanted to let you know that if you have questions, for example regarding PANDAS, you might want to post on the Tourettes section of this forum. It gets A LOT more people viewing and you will get more answers there.

God bless you and again hang in there. There are so many avenues of hope on this whole thing!

Carolyn

• 2 weeks later...

thanks alot, the irony of the whole situation is im a medical graduate(a doctor), and even though we cover this ocd part in our psychiatry section,im going to inform myself more on this. the worse part is I cant speak about this to people around me,their ignorance is pathetic,coz all people can do is judge on the drop of a needle.

I wish and pray people are more aware of OCD.

more people are affected by OCD then by HIV...