ACN Latitudes Forums

How others came to son's rescue

CSP

I just wanted to share a story about something that happened yesterday.

My son had a double header yesterday, and he did well with the tics during the first game at 3:00, but had a hard time keeping it together (tic wise) during the second game at 5:30.

I was only able to see a small part of the first game then I had to go to work. I was able to see my son pitch, and what I saw made me cry while driving to work.

When my son pitches he does not make noise, but will squeeze in the head jerks when he can. The home plate umpire called a time out and yelled out to my son, "SON DO YOU HAVE A GIDDY-UP IN YOUR CABOOSE?" Then we saw the coach from the other team run out to the umpire and softly talk to him. We saw some looks in the direction of the pitchers mound where our son was. The first base umpire also ran up to the other umpire to chat. Then he called the game back on.

What we found out was the umpire was going to call taunting the batter or a balk (not sure if that is what you call that). This was because our son did let out a yelp and body jerk at that time. What made me so emotional was it was the coach from the other team who came running out to tell the umpire that my son has TS and was not doing anything to break baseball rules. I know our own coach would have defended our son, but he was in the dugout and the coach from the other team was coaching 3rd base.

When I got home from work my husband said he did asked to be told what had happened in detail. We found out that this was not the first time this has happened, and our son was called out as a batter during another game, that had to be overturned because of the missunderstanding. We were not at this game and our son never told us.

From what I can gather the president of the Baberuth really likes our son and has meetings one a month with coaches and parent vol. So a lot of people know what is up with our son, and they are watching out for him even when his parents can't be at a game.

Once again my fears are put to shame when I least expect it.

A lot of times I don't trust the human heart because I think it can be hurtful, but times like these I see how caring the human heart can be.

Blessings,

CP