ACN Latitudes Forums

Immunizations and disorders

P_Mom

My son was immunized from birth and had symptoms and strep show up as early as thirteen months after his one year shots were given. Again his behaviors spiked after kindergarten immunizations. I think he had trouble with the shots that involved the live viruses being given. He showed signs of tics, ADHD, compulsions, obsessions, and emotional behaviors and fine and gross motor loss. I have a one year old who I am scared to death to vaccinate but have slowly given some shots one at a timi. I see her having language delays and some low muscle tone issues with her hips legs and feet. I can't help but wonder if this is related to the shots. Interstingly enough I refused the newborn shots in the hospital with her and when the Dr. recently filled out her immunization card she wrote the shot on the day of her birth. Now I am thinking they gave it anyways or mistakenly. It seems these neurological issues are some how tied into the excessive numbers of immunizations given.

Michele

Good question, i am interest to know as well. I often times wonder if my son was affected by the outrageous number of shots!

Pat

I should say both kids have been immunized up to this point...5 and 8 (almost 6 and 9) Older son quite receiving immunizations after K immunizations, younger son quite receiving immunizations before the K shots. Interestingly, I had gotten the MMR vaccination split up for my older son when it was first required for him when he was about 15 months...no problems. I did not notice anything with him until he received his K shots...including full MMR, after which he stuttered for a few months...I believe that was the beginning of it all...then when he got strep afterward...the PANDAS. Younger son received the full MMR at 15 months, as well as all his other shots...he is also the one who has EVER received a flu shot when he was a baby (doc talked me into it..UGH)...we never get the flu shot here, even before this all started...my husband never trusted them...thank God! Anyway, younger son started showing signs of PANDAS before he was 3....much younger than my older son, and, he received more shots. Just looking for a correlation between shots and these disorders developing and/or these disorders being more severe in immunized kids verse non-immunized kids...it seems to hold true in our home. I have no doubt the shots played a role in my kids PANDAS.

Kelly

P Mom,

I believe a poster who hasn't been around lately (Laurensmom) said that her daughter had never been immunized. I think we have one or two other poster's that I'm aware of, who's kids didn't have any or minimal. Personally, I believe there are multiple causes of movement disorders. In our case, I feel we probably had a genetic predisposition, but vaccines/vax ingredient may very well have triggered a problem which may have never manifested otherwise. My boys were both immunized on schedule in the 1990's. They received different vaccines with different amts of thimerosal at different ages tho (almost 4 yrs apart in age). They have very different symptoms.

You may find a few of these article interesting. I have read a few studies that sure make it appear that kids/people may be more susceptable to illness after vaccination. I'm thinking of Michelle's comment here.

Vaccines and Immune Suppression citations

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/immune.html

Also, In the study that is being referred to below, remember, they didn't test AUTISTIC children for harmful associations from thimerosal exposure....they may have discounted the very population that was AT INCREASED RISK. This "tic" association has come up at least twice, and I think there is a 3rd study that showed this too. WHY AREN"T THEY GETTING SOME ANSWERS TO THAT QUESTION? Tics are hardly even referred to in vax/injury discussions. They will list asthma, diabetes, ADD, ADHD, autism, etc. but hardly ever mention TICS, yet this is one area with the most ammo according to their "engineered to sell the public that vaccines are safe" studies. It just burns me. I have to wonder what may be learned, even for people who have never recieved a mercury containing vaccine. What about amalgams, rhoGAM injections, other metals?

For anyone who may have missed this before

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kirby/...s-_b_66007.html

CDC: Mercury in Vaccines Damaged Your Child. Or Not.

Despite these statistical pressures to drive the numbers downward, the associated risk for tics among boys was a real standout.

Boys who received the highest amounts of thimerosal in the first seven months of life were determined by evaluators to be 2.19 times more likely to have motor tics at age 7-10 years, and 2.44 times more likely to have phonic tics, than boys with the lowest exposures.

Any relative risk between exposure and outcome that exceeds 2.0, incidentally, is considered to be proof of causation in US courts of law.

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/13/1281

Andrews and colleagues21 studied 103,043 British children and found more protective associations than harmful associations with mercury exposure from vaccines administered in the first year of life. The one deleterious association involved an increased risk of tics, a finding similar to that in our study.

Check this statement out. If "millions" are affected and "more thimerosal/more tics" (or possibly just more immunizations/more tics) have been shown/acknowledged, why isn't it being immediately investigated? Sorry, I guess I got a little "off topic" here, so I'll end my rant! ^_^

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/120537.php

Article Date: 06 Sep 2008

Millions of children across the United States suffer from disorders such as Tourette's Syndrome and anxiety disorders, including Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder - conditions which often affect their performance in school on both social and academic levels

• 1 month later...

In our case our son was never fully vaxed and never received either the MMR or the flu shot. When we ran his metals testing he was not high in any metals either, except copper, which was extremely high....

and his iron was low.....

A perfect, huh? except when you consider gluten sensitive enteropathy....

They all tic for different reasons. In our case the vaccines he got prior to 3 yr old preschool were the catalyst, but the diseased state of his body was already there, and had been for quite some time. The improper diet coupled with the vaccines caused what I believe to be the 'perfect storm' in his case.

We never did more than one vax at a time (some were combos). He received his first vax at age 6 mos and last at age 3 1/2. I am not 100% against vaxes and may try again when he is older.... or not. Certain ones I think are good to get if he doesn't contract the disease by a certain age. He has an uncle that was sterilized by Measles when he contracted it at 18.

Right now he is doing fantastic and completely symptom free, so I am always optimistic when things are good!

Everything happened over here following the K shots. I always wonder and will always wonder about that. Her shots were in Nov 06 and I finally made an appointment in Dec 06 with an eye doctor....the blinking was horrible. I think it was just a few days or possibly a week tafter the shots that the blinking started...everything else followed....

Wish I could know for sure. Her current peditarician STRONGLY believes that the shots caused this. What a guessing game this can all turn into! My brother has triplets and they just turned 3 years old....I BEGGED my brother to spread their next shots out!

Two of them are boys so I am worried he is not taking me seriously enough! No one really understands when you try to explain about this stuff! I am SO worried for those triplets if in fact our case is a genetic one.

My daughter had all of her immunizations up through age four (did not get The MMR booster at age 5) and I first noticed her PANDAS at age 5. My three younger sons have only had polio, nothing else. They show signs of PANDAS, but no OCD, mainly ADHD behaviors with some tics. I strongly feel that the immunizations made things worse. I feel they damaged her immune system. I feel my boys symptoms would definitely be worse had they received all of the required vaccines.

my son had all immunizations and yes, I too believe things likely got worse for him with some of them, tho at the time I didnt realize the kind of harm :lol:

his older brother (born 1986) had some the same, but had all his up to 5yo when we still lived in Cape Town SA

He has no health problems, and always been real healthy.....even tho it was he who had pretty nasty strep throat once (youngest had neg culture then)

anyway, youngest (born 1989) had up to 2yo in SA then the rest here, including the middle school hep and tetanus booster as well as some when he went on s.american missions trip 2003. He is the one with TS,OCD,ADD.CAPD, Crohns etc

Has had health probs since early infancy

I was fully immunized as a child and have TS. My last shot that I received was a Tetanus shot at age 12 when my cat bit me. I don't plan on receiving any more vaccines myself, and I don't plan on giving my baby any vaccines. So we'll see what happens in the future.

Carolyn

I have an immunization issue with our Dr's office. I was wondering what others here would do?

When my daughter was born a year ago after my son had years of neuro issues from 13 months, I asked the Dr. on call at the hospital to hold off on the Hep B shot. Well, Last month I brought in her immunization card to be filled in by her ped. Here I found out that she wrote in the day after she was born as getting the Hep B shot. I can specifically remember the conversation at the hospital with the Dr. from our office and me saying no and her trying to reassure me there was no correlation between shots and neuro issues my son has. I said I'd rather wait. Then at her one month visit I said go ahead with the Hep B shot. Now I find out that it was given at the hospital.

I know Kim knows alot about immunization issues. I now have found out my baby has languange apraxia/dyspraxia. Is there any connection on shots and this disorder. Her feet are also toeing in which could be a muscle issue. We have determined it is not a bone issue. I feel like here we go again. I have to deal with my sons issues hyptonia/dyspraxia plus possible TS plus therapy for his OT issues. Now I am going to have to start worrying with her also about neuro/motor issues. She is twenty months and only saying one or two words. I did a language eval at the hospital and start speech therapy tomorrow. We are already doing PT for her feet. Could there be a connection between shots and these issues?

Thanks.

I was fully immunized as a child and have TS. My last shot that I received was a Tetanus shot at age 12 when my cat bit me. I don't plan on receiving any more vaccines myself, and I don't plan on giving my baby any vaccines. So we'll see what happens in the future.

Carolyn