ACN Latitudes Forums

albuterol or antibiotic increase tics?

patty

Hi all,

My son has not had asthma for 21/2 years since we started NAET. However, this July when he was exposed to trees at his summer camp, it spiked his facial tics and started coughing the same day. He has been coughing for almost 2 months now. In the meantime, we treated various trees, lung & kidney meridans and he is still coughing. However, the facial tics stopped after the trees were treated via Bioset.

I scheduled an appt with my son's pediatrician, i am afraid he will prescribe albuterol or antibiotic for the lingering cough because i don't know if these medications may have an impact on his tics.

Also, if my son's cough is not allergy or asthma related. I am wondering if this is a tic cough?!

Your feedback is appreciated.

Pat

hey Patty,

My 15 yr old daughter (who doesn't have tics) has had a cough since last July! It doesn't sound productive - just an irritating little cough- maybe would sound like what you would think would be a tic cough? Her dr. kept saying it was viral- but for 2 months?! I finally decided to take her to an allergist and he did skin testing and she was allergic to some trees and cockroaches. They did an x- ray and she had a sinus infection. After being on the antibiotic for 3 days her cough is finally gone! So... maybe your son has a sinus infection? I wouldn't think an antibiotic would cause any tics - maybe just the opposite. Is he congested at all? My daughter was also very congested- she was constantly sniffing or like snorting - it was driving me crazy. I guess the main thing would be if your son has any congestion or headaches it could be a sinus infection. She is also on a nose spray now as well- I think it started out as rhinitis and later turned into a sinus infection. Don't know if this helps at all!

Mary