ACN Latitudes Forums

IVIG

lfran

My son tested quite high for DNASE a few months ago (680) and we will have the test repeated next week.

I have been reading about IVIG and a lot of references to both Dr. K and Dr. Gupta.

Can anyone tell me their full names so that I can try to reach them -- and/or other docs that are highly trusted for IVIG?

We are with Kaiser -- I know that at least one person posted that they got Kaiser to administer IVIG. However, I can switch insurance plans as of January 1, so can anyone tell me if Blue Shield covers IVIG, if we get a PANDAS diagnosis?

Thanks!

Go to www.webpediatrics.com/ivigCRO.html - you will find the full name of Dr. K who is near Chicago, IL. We have been communicating for a few weeks. I've heard he has had a high success rate with IVIG. Right now my daughter is on a steroid burst to see if there is some response - usually that's a good indicator that the IVIG will be effective. The website above is very informative about IVIG & PANDAS in general. I've heard that there are some groups out there that will help fight the battle with insurance companies. I just have to look into it further. Also, we originally saw a doctor in Florida with Creation's Own. They work a lot with autism, but also with all other related diagnoses. They were the ones that originally confirmed my suspicion of PANDAs and have given me a lot of good information on the IVIG. If I lived in Florida, I would have gone back for the IVIG, but its too costly and inconvenient and I was happy to find out about Dr. K near Chicago which is only about 4 hrs. away for us. However, I do believe they use the same brand of IVIG (which I understand is quite important because some brands don't work as well as others) Pat

My son tested quite high for DNASE a few months ago (680) and we will have the test repeated next week.

I have been reading about IVIG and a lot of references to both Dr. K and Dr. Gupta.

Can anyone tell me their full names so that I can try to reach them -- and/or other docs that are highly trusted for IVIG?

We are with Kaiser -- I know that at least one person posted that they got Kaiser to administer IVIG. However, I can switch insurance plans as of January 1, so can anyone tell me if Blue Shield covers IVIG, if we get a PANDAS diagnosis?

Thanks!

Dr Gupta is at Univ of Irvine, CA 949-824-8600 appt His assistant name is Jacqueline 949-824-5818....Probably best to call her first and get info about what tests you need done.He will OK IVIG and does the first one there and then you set up to do at home. My pedi called Gupta and got the info needed to do IVIG for me.I am not sure about insurance covering it...Kaiser did ours ...ratlenhum would know answers about insurance coverage....Sarah