ACN Latitudes Forums

Supplement ingredients

Guest Guest_efgh

Guest Guest_efgh

Found a pretty natural calcium/magnesium supplement to take care of lack of dairy for my son. One of the ingredients happens to be Corn starch. Is corn starch TOTALLY DIFFERENT from high fructose corn syrup? What is the difference. Did not buy it since I wanted to get a clearance from you all reg. corn starch (natural) . Can you please tell me how different is it from high fructose corn syrup so that I can go ahead and buy it.

And one more thing. I have gone NO DAIRY for around 20 days for my son and find no significant change in his tics. Does that mean , dairy is not an offending element for his tics. I thought I might as well restart. Generally how long does it take ONCE YOU REMOVE/ELIMINATE a particular food item to identify if it helps or not?? I had done a skin testing some 4 years ago for his asthma/allergy and he was found allergic to milk. But now his asthma is almost under control for the past two years depite milk consumption. Am in two minds if i can restart milk? your advice/suggestions would help me a lot. thanks a lot in advance.

Guest Guest_efgh

Chemar/Jennifer

Tried epsom salt bath for my son today. thanks for all your suggestions. Also would wait for your inputs reg. the approx duration to find out the effect of "elimination diet. (details in my previous post)

Chemar

Can you please advice me on my previous post (corn starch vs high fructose corn syrup) so that I can go ahead and buy the supplements.

Thanks.

Hi efgh

Corn Starch is basically just cornflour......it is a matter of opinion on this as some people are fine with corn products and others not.

HOWEVER high fructose corn syrup is a general baddie......it is not so much the corn part but the "high fructose" part that is apparantly what seems to be the tic trigger.....

so, if your child has been ok with eating corn products, then I personally wouldnt think there is any problem with corn starch...

BUT always try to avoid high fructose corn syrup.

HTH

Guest Guest_efgh

Chemar, thanks. But I notice that in so many readymade juices, cookies etc one of the main ingredients is "fructose". Is this the same tic triggering high fructose minus the corn syrup .. should I think twice before buying such a product containing fructose??