ACN Latitudes Forums

stopped fish oil and ticks have decreased significantly

rysmom58

After reading through the boards I decided to put my son on fish oil last spring to see if it helped. I noticed a huge difference in his tics and attention up until about the end of July. Then, the tics started to get worse again. Well, I decided to take him off the fish oil about 5 days ago and the tics have decreased a lot. I ordered Kids calm, so I'm going to try that. I'm just nervous that will increase the tics again.

Hi rysmom

we had a similar thing re fishoil...initially it really helped but then it became clear it was triggering tics for my son. that was when we switched to flaxseed oil for his omega3 and increased his intake of wild alaskan salmon and other sources of omega 3s too

re the kids calm, I would think it is highly unlikely to increase tics as it is ionic magnesium citrate, but some people do sometimes have a "worse before it gets better" reaction to any new supplement

maybe start at half the recommended dose and gradually work up.

We switched to flax seed oil from fish oil b/c of an increase in tics. I just couldn't pinpoint if it was a coincidence or not so we stopped the fish oils. Try switching to flaxseed oil and see if that helps with the attention issues, yet also gives you less ticcing.

Bonnie

what kind of flax seed oil do you use? is it yucky tasting? thanks