ACN Latitudes Forums

MaxGXL

Our son's primary doc (who's very into complementary medicine) recently suggested that MaxGXL might be a valuable supplement for PANDAS kids. It's supposed to help the body stimulate production of glutathione (GSH). Some healthcare testimonials on the site mention using it to help heal brain injuries (like the basal ganglia damage PANDAS causes).

I actually ordered a one-month supply today. Figured it's worth a try, at least. Has anyone else tried this? Any positive results?

I've never heard of it so let us know how it does for you! I do know that NAC(N-acetyl cysteine) is a precursor to glutathione in the body and many of the parents here give NAC as a supplement. It's actually the next one on schedule for my son. Please keep us updated!

Bonnie

The problem with oral glutathione is first off, you don't know how much the body is absorbing. Secondly, it can cause major gut yeast.

We do IV glutathione and also use the lifewave patches. They help stimulate the body to make it's own glutathione. My son wears one Mon/Wed/Friday nights

http://www.lifewave.com/hubsmom

Any questions, feel free to email me

Hi, y'all:

We decided not to try the MaxGXL on our son yet. He's currently in the midst of his worst PANDAS flare-up ever, we're trying (per doc advice) prednisone and zithromax, and we're just afraid to throw another variable into the mix. We're now scheduled for IVIG treatment in 3 weeks, so we're praying that will make a difference.

I'm using myself as a guinea pig for the MaxGXL right now. After IVIG, we may try this for our son. If so, I'll definitely share the results here.

Sorry!

What dose of Azithromycin are you using? We used 250mg/day but dd was only 44 pounds. It took about 10 days to see a significant change. Hang in there!

We also gave 200mg advil (ibuprofen) 1-2x daily. I'm pretty sure you can't use the advil at the same time as prednisone but it is something to try if you decide to go off the pred. (Check with you doc 1st...there might be a certain amount of time you need to wait once off pred. b-4 you can do an nsaid like advil b/c of GI concerns.) I know pred. can have it's own set of side effects in some people (irritability etc.) but I it does have a strong anti-inflammatory effect.

re advil...it's only supposed to last 6-8 hours...we didn't give it 3-4 x a day when dd was really bad b/c she was suspicious of most of the meds/pills and 1-2x was all we could manage. Mostly, we'd do it in the morning b/c we figured we needed the help most during the day.

I just saw your more recent post where you decided not to give the MaxGXL. I also read some of the other comments about this. It actually has been found that there are better results with using the B-12 to stimulate glutathione than to give glutatione directly. I can't remember all the particulars, but I think it has something to do with the fact that the b-12 will cause the body to more eficiently produce its own glutathione, than if you give it directly. Pat
]