ACN Latitudes Forums

Arrgghh! NEAT allergy testing

So, I had ds's foods tested last time we were at the naturo's office. He was showing allergic to these foods:

All food colorings

All milk products and casein

All corn

Peanuts

Soybeans

Bacon and hot dogs

Turkey

Bananas and plantains

Oranges and tangerines

Raisins

Margerine

Aspartame and all artificial sweeteners

Corn syrup and HFCS

Honey

Sugar cane

Maltodextrin(obviously corn derived)

MSG

Sodium Fluoride

Nitrates and Nitrites

TBHQ

So, I did what we were supposed to do and kept ds away from all the foods for 24 hours and he nearly had a fit trying to stay away from cane sugar and milk. It was so hard for us. I am not too skilled in the kitchen! Anyway, I forgot I let him brush his teeth with flouridated toothpaste. We went back in for a clean up visit and he tested positive for his food issues again and she said we have to do it all over again!!! ARRGGHHH! I thought I was being so careful! Poor ds is so bummed. If this NEAT doesn't work for him, I am going to be forced to do an elimination diet starting with removing milk and casein. That will not make the cheese boy very happy. He lives for pizza and feta cheese(yes, he tested positive for sheep's milk too).

No wonder he tics more at every meal, he's sensitive to everything he puts in his mouth other than some fruits and all veggies! Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating here but I know how hard it is to go casein free b/c I've done it myself. I guess I just sympathize for the poor guy.

Bonnie

Bonnie

can he have goats milk?

many who are sensitive to cow and sheep seem ok with goat milk products. they sell them at wholefoods

we have avoided fluoride for many years now as my son gets ill from even slight exposure to it

Cheri,

His list didn't include goat's milk so I assume he can have that! He loves feta so I suppose he can have goat cheese. I have some almond milk and rice milk here at the house but they are sweetened with cane sugar, which is one of his 'sensitivities' as well. Well, at least it's only for a day. I think I need to get some real allergy testing done for him.

What are the best tests for food allergies? I've seen Great Plains mentioned here quite frequently. I've seen mention of IgG, etc. Which test is best for determining food allergens.

Thanks!

I have packeted stevia here at home that I use in tea. Not sure what I can cook with it but I noticed that maple syrup wasn't on his list so I guess I could use that to cook with, as well. Maybe I should bake some apples with maple syrup for dessert tonight? Life really is boring without cheese: as ds said this AM! ^_^

ilovedogs,

When we started NAET 2 years ago, my son had a long list of food sensitivites via a blood test and muscle test. It is impossible to avoid all food sensitivies at one time, so we just avoided as much as possible and just the ones that we were treating at the time. As you know, kids have a hard time doing food avoidance and really there is not much left to eat.

Becasue NAET can only treat no more than 2 items a week and the 25 hrs. avoidance period, i decided to switch to Bioset this summer. Anyways, i am not so sure now (pls refer to my today's post).

Pat

Bonnie,

Whole Foods sells a goat mozzerella. "Cheese Boy" will not be able to tell the difference! If you don't have the time or desire to make the pizza, Whole Foods and (I think) Trader Joe's sell cheeseless pizza. You would then only have to shred the cheese on it, heat, and serve.

And, yes, it is expensive!

Tami

Bonnie,

Whole Foods sells a goat mozzerella. "Cheese Boy" will not be able to tell the difference! If you don't have the time or desire to make the pizza, Whole Foods and (I think) Trader Joe's sell cheeseless pizza. You would then only have to shred the cheese on it, heat, and serve.

And, yes, it is expensive!

Tami

Tami,

Too bad I didn't go to Whole Foods after our appointment this AM. I am planning on going to Trader Joe's today! Maybe they'll have it. The goat mozzarella sounds wonderful, too! I love goat products and I'd love to have a goat but I don't think our HOA would care for that too much! ^_^

• 2 months later...