ACN Latitudes Forums

Strep/Rheumatic Fever

My son has had a transcient tic since he was 6. His original Pediatrician refused to have his titers tested at our request. The second Pediatrician also refused. We wound up seeing a Neurologist and a Homeopath. The Neurologist agreed to test his titers and wouldn't you know it, the levels were through the roof. He took antibiotics and the tics almost disappeared. However after the meds they seemed to come back. When we tested him again for strep we discovered the levels still through the roof. He needs a stronger antibiotic. Anway after reading a bit about strep I discovered if gone untreated it can result in rheumatic fever which does affect the nervous system and can result and quick jerking body movements. It can also develop into scarlet fever which can result in heart disease, damage kidneys and brain damage. If it caused damage to the basal ganglia it could cause the tics or perhaps Rheumatic Fever could cause tic movements. I'm disgusted that these pediatricians refused to test my son especially now that I know the seriousness of strep going untreated. My mother told me that her good friend contracted scarlet fever as a child and had to undergo heart surgery because of the damage it caused to her heart valves. So if anyone out there is getting the run around by their Pediatrician, put the screws to them. I want to thank all of the people at this site from the bottom of my heart because if it wasn't for the information and advice about having his titers tested we would still be scratching our heads.

God Bless!!